Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received this bad mamma jamma a couple weeks ago. I'm not a hardcore fab guy like you all (mostly just hobby stuff and a lot of welding research), but if I didn't get this, I'd probably have bought more home stereo equipment like amps or speakers to my collection. At least with this I can take on some additional aluminum TIG side jobs should I need to TIG weld thick aluminum.

I've already gone through all the menu's and tried out the features, while I've never used a "gold standard" Miller Dynasty, I can't imagine their arc dynamic being that much better if any. I was able to obtain nice, stable arcs with a big-ol' 5/32" 2% Ceriated tungsten well down into the sub-100A range no problem. I hope to make a video soon going through all the menu's/options and what not.

Nice clean puddle on 1/4" aluminum instantly, zero wait time with all that hp in reserve

In the meantime, if anyone has any questions about it I can try my best to answer them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How much was it? I went to their website and couldn't find any info or price.

I have a Thermal arc 200 now but need more power. Don't really want to go to a big Dynasty. $$$$
They officially announced it through their facebook page which is where I got the info for the pricing and those parts and what not. You'd have to call them directly so they can quote you on it.

They are selling the power source alone for $5395, nothing else included at that price.

$6995 will get ya
  • the power source
  • 12ft CK TL18 water-cooled TIG torch
  • 12ft pedal
  • work clamp 15ft, 1/0awg
  • flowmeter w/ hose
  • coolant
  • welding cart
  • smart cooler
  • Standard consumables for 17 18 26 tig torch (std collets, std collet bodies, 5/6/7/8 cups, 040, 1/16",3/32",1/8" tungstens in both 2%Ce and 1.5%La)
I opted for the whole package and upgraded to a 25ft torch/pedal

Here are the specs off the machine sticker:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Needs to be a 25' torch and work lead and a 25' pedal or wireless... my opinion mind you...
I agree, but I suppose some people don't want/need 25ft, so they offer all the other stuff as upgrades/options.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much was it? I went to their website and couldn't find any info or price.

I have a Thermal arc 200 now but need more power. Don't really want to go to a big Dynasty. $$$$
they finally added it to their website listing

https://www.usaweld.com/Invertig-400-AC-DC-12-5-Lead-Water-Cooled-Package-p/invertig400parent.htm

I'm on vacations for about 9 days, maybe more if my school shuts down due to the "pandemic". I'm gonna put it through it's paces and try to make some videos.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So it looks like my school is closed for the remainder of the school year. Been putting together some video footage, but if anyone has any specific requests for this machine, I can see what I can do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts