Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the hub bolt right or left hand thread??? I searched and found the tightening torque for it, but nothing was found about how hard it is to remove! I had an 8 foot pipe on my 1" breaker bar and 55mm socket! If that breaker bar flexed any more, I know it was going to break!

Who knows the trick to remove these???

Do I need to borrow a torque multiplying head for this???

Thanks for the help:confused:

·
Registered
187 Posts
CJeep77 said:
Is the hub bolt right or left hand thread??? I searched and found the tightening torque for it, but nothing was found about how hard it is to remove! I had an 8 foot pipe on my 1" breaker bar and 55mm socket! If that breaker bar flexed any more, I know it was going to break!

Who knows the trick to remove these???

Do I need to borrow a torque multiplying head for this???

Thanks for the help:confused:
Get a shop hammer and shock the bolt some, then get after it, i broke mine with a 3/4 breakover and about 10 foot of 3 inch pipe, you just aint puttin out!!!git after it!Right hand thread! it is a fine thread so it willbe tight! Good luck!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something before I applied some more "ass" to it!

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you think you have pounded on the bolt enough, pound some more. I had a sledge hammer with a 3 foot long handle and had to hit the damn bolt at least 10 good times. I ended having to use a big pipe wrench with a piece of 2 1/2inch by 7 foot long pipe. Did the trick, also I am 6'3" and weigh 300 pounds. :flipoff2:
And I had to damn near jump on the thing :bounce:
I am sure glad it wasn't left hand thread.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I broke a few tools before I borrowed a one inch inpact gun to take it off.
Then no sweat. Most tire places use those big impacts.
Good luck.

dan

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I had a 1 in impact and no dice. They are a boogger to get off if the rears are not under something. We made up a device that basically held the hub by the wheel studs by angle iron and welded 2 inch square tube to the 2 pieces of angle and stuck the square tube into a reciever hitch. 6 foot long breaker pipe and some gorilla strength from my 6 3 255 body and off if came. A mutha but not a fawker.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Here is what I had to do to get mine, off. A little heat helps, but not too much, unless your going to be replacing all the seals anyway. I broke a china made 3/4 inch breaker bar, the sears one bent too, but didn't snap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts