Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
90 2WD 22RE DD. It's been runnin crappy forever, just been too lazy to troubleshoot it, cuz it still gets me where i need to be:flipoff2:

When accelerating most of the time I feel a definite loss of power, it sputters, runs rought at idle, etc. and sometimes its worse than other times. However, I've been noticing on hot humid days like today it accelerates way better.

I've always had a gut feeling it was a sensor, but I've replaced plugs, and swapped out wires and coil with MSD stuff from my other truck, problem persisted. Very strong spark comin out of each wire, timing's dead on. It's not ignition.

I'm pretty sure it's a sensor, but what do you guys think?

·
Registered
651 Posts
im too lazy to suggest anything like a fuel filter. i would rather think about getting work done than actually doing it

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i thought fuel filter, but once it hits a certain rpm it usually picks up n goes, almost like my timing is retarded. guess i could try a new one just for the helluvit. i'm just tryin to get an idea of wats wrong before i go throwin new parts at it

·
Registered
102 Posts
i swapped the o2 sensor in mine and put a bosch in and it did the same thing---I took it out and got one from the factory and it works fine---good luck

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Step one insert dick in tailpipe.
step two have a friend start engine.
Step three have friend smell your junk.

I don't know whats wrong with your truck, maybe its a sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts