1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hummer H1 turned into HMMWV H1 pic heavy

Trade day - traded my 2007 Harley roadking straight across for the H1

Disassembly time

Torn down almost and readied for the new top. Body sealed wherever the new top covered with a thick layer of rv roof coating and then tar

Mating time! what a pain in the ass!!!! The top is a modified M996 ambulance body. Modified to be completely open inside and 4 doors.

Rear shot

Over head glycol heater installed along with the wiring that I wanted transferred to the upper enclosure

New old doors installed lol

Lower glycol heater installed with the transmission computer added and some of the duct work completed

More of the exterior completed

View from the rear doors looking in

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

the body did fit pretty well amazingly!

Interior shot. had to decipher what wire did what?!?

First H1 to have a glove box in the standard location lol

missing some photos but its off to paint soon

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Building the spare tire carrier and jerry can box

Another view

Another view

Cladding the interior

Almost completed the hvac system

Upper enclosure

Fast forward through the boring stuff

View from the rear after paint

Left side view

Right side view

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Font view - Before I get some weird comments about the hood scoop. the reason why it was added is because I had my radiator frozen and replaced 3 times after a heavy snow fall, a slow melt and really cold evening temperatures. anyone who has had this happen or have changed out the radiator / condenser and other coolers understand why

Shot of the interior. The foot wells will be bed lined in black some time in the next few weeks.

Passenger front

Passenger rear

Upper from pass door

Rear shot

Interior high shot

As it sits today

Photo with its little brother lol

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Where is the Frag 5 up armor kit??

Looks cool...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where is the Frag 5 up armor kit??

Looks cool...
If you have a kit - I will happily buy it from you! the problem here in Canada is that we do not have access to cool military gear so we adapt to buying old American surplus or build from scratch.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
If you have a kit - I will happily buy it from you! the problem here in Canada is that we do not have access to cool military gear so we adapt to buying old American surplus or build from scratch.
I used to have every single manual for every model of HMMWV ever built and alot more LOL, I had stuff the government didn't even have on some stuff, with that truck being naturally aspirated it would be ungodly slow with a full armor kit. Is that A/C setup a Red Dot brand system? If it is I hope you have plenty of extra parts cause they are junk and will quit working at some point, its not if, but when. With the extra weight you can upgrade to the heavier rear ambulance axles and if the rear starts to sag you can install a set of front springs in the rear and it will lift it some...

I know alot about the HMMWV, just ask...

·
Registered
22 Posts
awesome! I remember seeing some shots of your beautiful rig on a Hummer forum a little back. any plans for those half doors she came with?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used to have every single manual for every model of HMMWV ever built and alot more LOL, I had stuff the government didn't even have on some stuff, with that truck being naturally aspirated it would be ungodly slow with a full armor kit. Is that A/C setup a Red Dot brand system? If it is I hope you have plenty of extra parts cause they are junk and will quit working at some point, its not if, but when. With the extra weight you can upgrade to the heavier rear ambulance axles and if the rear starts to sag you can install a set of front springs in the rear and it will lift it some...

I know alot about the HMMWV, just ask...
The rear has not really moved yet but I'm sure that when I add tools it will. I have asset of front springs on standby for this reason. The hubs and half shafts are 12k already if that is what you mean by heavier ambulance axles. The truck only has heat installed right now without the ac option. I am going to add a roof mount system down the road but not the Red Dot system for the same reason - they do fail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great work, from someone who literally has worked on nearly every variant of the HMMWV from the M996 to the new M1097HV and R1's. I bet that fording kit was a PITA to find, just be sure to vaseline or use some other water resistant grease in the seals or it will leak and that would be bad ju ju in that monster you've created

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Sooooooooooooooooooo BADASS! I want one for a camper, sadly I dont think Ill ever afford one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts