Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hummer h2 2004

first , a couple of months ago when driving all of a sudden it began to shake/vibrate
more than uasual and lost performance but it could still run. i read the codes and it was p0300. but after a few
days of using the truck i noticed it was wet around the exhaust manifold on cylinder 1 tried a new coil ,
plug and wire on that cylinder and it didnt help it. and dint have to much time to look more at it untill now.

i tried til replace all plugs , wires , maf and injectors and still dint help.
then i decided to try and take off the valve cover on the driver side and there i found the rocker
arm on intake valve on cyl1 was loose and the valve wasnt working.
I checked the pushrod and rockerarm , the bolt and threads in the cylinder head and all was ok.
i put it all toghether and thightend it to 30nm , put the cover and coil packs back. and started. and it ran fine now.

BUT after 10-20mins of driving it begins to hesitate and runs very rough when driving and idling ,
i have to use 1. gear to get up small hills , and if i give it full throttle then it seems to work well.

now it throws code : P0101 , p0102 , p0171 , p0327 , p0332 , p0300
could this have something to do with the catalyc converter? i have been using the truck some when the cylinder1 wasnt woriking ,
and could this have filled the c.converter with gas and killed it ?

any other suggestions ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you pull the valve cover back off and check the rocker arm again? Is it possible you have a bent valve?

i have not tried to remove valve cover again , but i dont think its bent , i tried to turn the engine and everthing seemed to move fine . if it was bent and didnt close fully , wouldnt it make noise all the time then ? it runs and starts fine when its cold but when it reaches operating temprature(15minute drive) . but when it gets full throttle it has full power at high rpm's...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts