Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I searched but couldn't find anybody that does hummer rim recenters in CA. Anybody have a lead? The closer to Sac, the better!

Edit: I have the rims, I just need to get them recentered with a different backspacing..

-Jack

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
take a look at the first 3 words in my post.:flipoff2:

I'll search by his name. Thanks!

-Jack

·
Registered
413 Posts
IronBenderII said:
take a look at the first 3 words in my post.:flipoff2:

I'll search by his name. Thanks!

-Jack
Hey search boy...
You didn't try very hard, seems like damn near every other post is showing hummer rims. Are you looking to just get the centers & weld them yourself, or are you looking to pay someone to do the whole thing?

Either way, check with 66CJDEAN

Bob

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey boob, I tried sacramento hummer, california hummer and a few other things. :flipoff2:

I don't know about welding them on myself. I'm not worried about the welding, but am worried about keeping everything square and true.

-Jack

·
Registered
413 Posts
How about Hummer Centers.

Funny thing is that most of the people that weld the centers will accept and perform UPS/Fed Ex shipping to and from their locations.

If you can weld, then do it yourself. I set 3 large sockets (4" spindle sockets for heavy equipment) on a flat steel welding table and sat the center on top of the sockets. Sockets measured 3.5" tall and that's the backspacing that I was looking for.

I've gotten my rig up to about 60 mph without any shaking, so I think my rims are pretty well centered (I don't have enough engine to get over 60 mph though).

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want to pay shipping as I am poor. I'll have to think about the welding them on myself. Anybody else do this with sucess???

Thanks Boob, sorry Bob. :flipoff2:

-Jack

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I admit that if I really wanted to I could have run a very broad search (like "hummer wheels") and read every post (even the ones with 15 and more replies) to MAYBE get a hit on somebody that does the recentering in Sacramento... But I didn't want to. The whole purpose of a search is to narrow it down to a reasonable amount, which I wouldn't consider "hummer wheels" to be. That's why I tried what I did.

I've seen a lot worse posted up here without this much hassle so :flipoff2: and thanks!

-jack

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
IronBenderII said:
I don't want to pay shipping as I am poor. I'll have to think about the welding them on myself.

-Jack
Uh are you serious? Take a drive its not that far and way cheaper than shipping:rolleyes:Check it out, 38 mins

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Shit, if you wanted to pay me, i could take them to Dean.. I live in galt, and work in roseville

Which is very close to loomis by the way

·
Registered
413 Posts
IronBenderII said:

-Jack
Nothing like a personal attack by calling someone names right? Geez, get over yourself. While I may have picked on you for your lack of searching skills, I did provide you with some useful information (66CJDean's screen name), would you also like to know that Loomis, CA is not that terribly far from Sacramento? Unless of course you are too cheap to afford gas.

:flipoff2:

Bob

·
Registered
85 Posts
IronBenderII said:
Hey, I searched but couldn't find anybody that does hummer rim recenters in CA. Anybody have a lead? The closer to Sac, the better!

Edit: I have the rims, I just need to get them recentered with a different backspacing..

-Jack
Hey Jack,
Dean just finished a set for me. I was just going to get the center from him and do them myself, but for the price he cuts the old center out on mill and bead blast them too.
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn Dan, those look good! $100 each with all of the work and $40 for the centers alone right?

-Jack

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Damm I really like that silver and black combo!
That style center posted above goes for $55ea and it is $100ea if you drop off a wheel to get done. I will beadblast the whole wheel, cut out the center on the milling machine, and I have a fixture that allows me to check runout of the wheel and center with a dial indicator to make them all true. If $$$ is a big deal then by all means they can be done at home with a little checking.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Dean, Those pics that Taz posted up, are those the other style centers you had available?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Tazz said:

They are the new style he has.
Tazz
Killer, thanks Dude.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts