Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Those look stout there Das.:D
What size holes did you go with there for the 8 bolts?

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
How do you put air in and out of your tires now?
What do you do if you drop a nut in side? How does mud/water get out?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Todd W said:
How do you put air in and out of your tires now?
What do you do if you drop a nut in side? How does mud/water get out?
I'm not sure on all Hummer rims but mine have a long valve stem. It stops just behind the edge of the inner lip.

The nut is tall enough that if dropped it will just sit at and angle on top of the stud.

next batch of rock rings will have large radius' 4 of them that are on the outside of the rockring so mud/water can escape and be much easier to clean. When I picked these up that was addressed and being taken care of.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
das_jeepinator said:

I'm not sure on all Hummer rims but mine have a long valve stem. It stops just behind the edge of the inner lip.
I still don't understand how you access the schrader valve to air up. I don't see any spot where it sticks out to hit it with an air hose?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
freds40 said:

I still don't understand how you access the schrader valve to air up. I don't see any spot where it sticks out to hit it with an air hose?
I forgot part of what I was explaining on My Hummer rims the valve stem is longer than on most Hummer Rims. From what I gather from Pm's most are around 1" long. the valve stem on mine measure 2-1/2" long so the are closer to the inside edge of the rock ring lip. Than most are now that I know this. All the rock rings will have a hole for access to the valve stem.
And they rings will have a moon cut into them so mud and water can escape. I should have pics of what I plan on getting done up this evening.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update on rock rings this is what I've come up with on this style to fix the problem with access to short valve stems. the valve stem hole is 1-1/2" in diameter

Order has been put in for the updated version that has slots in the ring to let water/mud have somewhere to escape. I should have them ready to be shipped inside of two weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just so I understand correctly, this is a ring that gets welded on the outside of the stock ring, right? Or, is it a complete replacement for the outer ring?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
JonB said:
Just so I understand correctly, this is a ring that gets welded on the outside of the stock ring, right? Or, is it a complete replacement for the outer ring?
It gets welded into the lip on the outer ring. You know how everybody running hummer wheel who wheels in/on rocks has beat ass looking wheels... If you get rock rings, you will have pretty/fancy wheels forever. :D

I have some different ones. Same concept though, and they work and look great!

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Your new style there looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
12 bolt?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #19