Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has used or tried these seats, I really wanna get a new set, and I wanted reclineable, strong seats that can utilize a harness, I have seen many fixed seats prp, beard, corbeau, etc. The mastercraft setas are really expensive, but my friend swears by them. I was hoping that some has some input on the newer ones from hunsakersports.com, its right on their main page,

memory foam, relcineable, sliders, etc, all for 1/2 of what it would cost for the mastercraft, so let me know

and I plan on using these seats, once I do an exo I wanna be safe even when upside down

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I have the cheapie hunsaker plastics. they work but not full of creature comfort. Check out the tech article on the p4x4 main page. Billavista did a nice seat review. I know people that love the mastercrafts and PRP's. I'm considering PRP's.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the article on the twisted stitch seats, but they are fixed seats, I want relianing seats, plus I live in Hawaii, not to many of the 4x4 guyz over here go for aftermarket seats, most go dig up seats from another car and just swap in, but since i want a harness....the only guys that usem are racers, and they always use fixed seats

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have the Icons and i really like them. I got the vinyl ones, they were out of stock on the type i really wanted, but when they called me to say that, the guy said we have these ill ship them free and toss in two free tool bags. Thats customer service right there

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friend has hunsaker fixed postion seats and hates them. Covers are falling apart after a few runs and they arent that comfortable. I was driving it Sunday and wasnt impressed with them at all.
how old are the seats??? are they an older model or something? and fixed seats the covers tend to take a beating anyway.

and also I don't like fixed seats, my friends race car had some cobeau fixed seats and I didn't like them. I just don't like fixed seats, plus its not practical for use in my 4runner

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mastercraft seats are beefy, well made, durable, and will protect your spine in the event of a hard drop far better than any plastic seat.

Your stock seats are safer than a plastic seat.
thanks MT, but I would never go with cheapo plastic seats or even expensive plastic seats, and since i blew my back out a few weeks back and had to go to chiropractor and all that I want something that really supports and takes care of my back. Only down side is the mastercraft seats are horribly expensive, I mean its gonna cost me over 1k just for the seats and then you add in the cost of shipping to Hawaii, good lord.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Icons and i really like them. I got the vinyl ones, they were out of stock on the type i really wanted, but when they called me to say that, the guy said we have these ill ship them free and toss in two free tool bags. Thats customer service right there
QUOTE]

wow those look pretty nice in there, have you trail rideen them yet? That is some nice customer service tho. let me know how ya likem

and as a side note, I am glad people aren't telling me to search or blow it out my ass or anything, I read the 50+ threads that came up in the search and tho I got some answers I wanted some more personal experience if possible. Shipping anything to Hawaii costs and I wanted more info before i drop any cash.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll come visit and put them in my carryon bags!!!

Check out 4Wheel Hardware (4wd.com) for ~$285/ea Mastercrafts in your choice of black or gray.
MT, sorry man but those are for fixed seats, the recliable seats they only have the Baja RS and they are still over 500 each, I don't even wanna know that it would cost to get both fronts and added shipping to Hawaii. But if you wanna come, by all means...beware I flopped my runner last month on the trail, I fell out of my seat, and if there were someone in the passenger side they would have had my butt right on thier face

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I have the old style Synkros and I love them!! The recline/slide ability is awesome. I have friends with corbeaus and prp's without slide/recline and I can never get comfortable. My next set of seats will be the new Synkros with the memory foam!!

Dane

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I heard of a guy that was going to review them, they fell apart before the test was done...............nuff said:eek:(very good source, not gossip)
ouch, just when I was getting happy after dane's comments, I emailed hunsaker and its gonna cost me some serious cash to get those seats here, $900 delivered, so bsically the seats are 380, but its gonna cost me 500 to send it here, great.

that would probably mean that if I wanted the master crafts seats it would cost me like 1k per seat shipped, shizz I hate shipping costs.

actually do you know what seats those were (synkro,icon,etc.) and if they were the fixed seats or reclineable, cus I know the covers on the fixed seats usually go quickly.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I have had a set of the Hunsaker Icons for about a year now. IMO on a long trip they are uncomfortable because, although they recline, they don't have a lot of adjustment options to fine tune them in the verticle position. My "new to me" buggy has a fixed set of PRPs that for the few short trips I have been on are worlds apart from the Hunsakers. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
They have been great so far since i have had them. The only thing i have to say is if you are going to be drivin for a long time take your wallet out, your ass will fall asleep if you dont

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well In my case anything is better than what I got, and I don't ever leave wallet in my pocket,...to poor no need to carry wallet there no money in it. but its just wierd how many people are really against these seats, and then some really like them, but for the 900 is gonna cost me to getem here, I dunno, I wish there was another option.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts