Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know all the mid-west and eastern guys will just say to stay down wind, but that doesn't work in the tight brush and constantly changing wind of northern california.

I used to use bio-wild underarm deodorizer, but it is no longer made. That shit worked great! Spread it under your arm and forget about stinking for 3-7 days.

I have tried all the current deodorants I have found on the shelves and they all do one thing: give me a rash within 15 minutes. Something in each messes me up bad, and few things kill a hunt quicker than a constant burning and itching in the pits.

Has anybody come across anything similar to the old bio wild stuff, or that doesn't cause irritation?

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
I used Dead Down Wind also......but it seems to chunk up, ball up in my arm pit hair, and fall apart

Would be great if they made a scent free gel

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Arm & Hammer Essentials Unscented looks promising...... a lot cheaper than 'hunting' deodorants too

·
I'm not your buddeh
13,084 Posts
rub dirt under your arms.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I tried the arm & hammer last year and it jacked me up, tried tom's of maine natural for a quick scouting trip the other day and have been dealing with a rash since. Looks like I'll be either going without deodorant or using my regular daily stuff.

Gonna grab all the ones that have messed me up and the one that doesn't and see which ingredient is missing from the good stuff.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I tried the arm & hammer last year and it jacked me up, tried tom's of maine natural for a quick scouting trip the other day and have been dealing with a rash since. Looks like I'll be either going without deodorant or using my regular daily stuff.

Gonna grab all the ones that have messed me up and the one that doesn't and see which ingredient is missing from the good stuff.
Usually most people have a reaction to aluminum chlorohydrate, but Toms of Maine doesnt have it, and you said it bothered you as well...

Best of luck.

·
Registered
710 Posts
While it doesn't stop the smell, if you trim your armpit hair it will reduce the smell. Don't shave it. #3 or #4 on a wahl trimmer will help.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tried that with my balls but it didn't help any, so I left buckwheat in a headlock.

I finished out the season with using the odorless soap on my and my clothes, but regular deodorant that didn't irritate my skin. Got busted by no more or less deer than usual, and even had 5 deer sneak up to within 10 feet of me when I dozed off one day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts