Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 1947 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started to tear my 2000 TJ apart this weekend. The plan is to build a Stock Mod rig that I can also trail ride with my family of four. The axles and motor will stay the same for now.

The plan is back half the rear and chop the front off at the motor mounts. I going to run a set of Kings new IBP shocks. They are a 2.5 coilover with a internal bypass. With the help of King on the tuning I should be able to get away with no bumps. For the cage my buddy Dario at Elite Offroad in Anaheim is going to do the cage. He has been building desert and sand cars forever and wants to get into this side of the business. I plan to drop it off at his shop next week.

I have a set of Twisted Stitch seats on order and the fuel cell will be coming from Liquid Iron Industries. I will be able to switch out the race cell with the RCI cell behind the seats when the family goes out.

Here are a few pics of how it sites now and a pic of it before it was stripped down. I was able to chop the rear frame and add a few tubes this weekend.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Redoing the whole cage? Why not add to it in order conform to the rules?
Sold it:D

I had a roof made for it and it wasn't thick enough, so I'm going to start over and build a tire mount into the new cage.

·
Mall Crawler
1,093 Posts
Can you pm me specs/info on the fuel tank? I'm running an RCI as well and wanted to be able to swap back and forth.

What are you doing for a firewall?

I'm building a 2000 TJ to do essentially the same thing, but won't be able to make the 2012 race.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you pm me specs/info on the fuel tank? I'm running an RCI as well and wanted to be able to swap back and forth.

What are you doing for a firewall?

I'm building a 2000 TJ to do essentially the same thing, but won't be able to make the 2012 race.
I'm going to run a RCI 1212C 22 gallon plumbed from Timmay on here. All I will have to do is swap out the tanks and connect 3 lines. I'm running a pump on the frame rail.

Fire wall will be a removable aluminum panel.

·
Registered
841 Posts
One of my favorite Tj's, good luck with the build. :smokin:

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One of my favorite Tj's, good luck with the build. :smokin:
Thanks. I thought about selling it. I even I had a few people offer up some pretty good money. But it' been my favorite jeep and the kids weren't going to let me sell it.

I plan to keep the same look and even add a windsheild frame, no glass just the frame to help keep the jeep look. I picked up a new aftermarket YJ frame and it about 90lbs lighter than the stock TJ.

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
90lbs? now way my windshield weighs over 90lbs... unless I dont know my own strength :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
90lbs? now way my windshield weighs over 90lbs... unless I dont know my own strength :flipoff2:
Maybe a little exaggerated:D 73lbs but it's a lot lighter or cheaper than the factory one.

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
I was hoping you were right :mr-t:

sounds good. Looking forward to the build.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A few more pics of the rear frame and axle truss. When I built the truss the first time I was trying to keep it low. But for better 4 link numbers I needed more seperation.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got some work done on the cage. I went for a little more safety over looks. The last cage looked sweet but had very little head room and poor visibility. I hope to have it finished by next weekend.
Let me know if you think the cage is to high.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
Sorry, but looks way high.... What is up with the tall bend in the B pillar, I would have put it more down towards the top of the tub so you could run a bar from the B to the C.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Maybe it looks out of proportion because of the small tires.....

The pic in the garage looks good but on the trailer snugged down and on a slope makes it look tall.

1 - 20 of 1947 Posts