Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goes for about 7 bills at home depot and I got a 10% off coupon, wondering if I should keep shoppin or ?

80 gal model..

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn, I just went and decided against it. I hate decisions ;)

I just know a lot of the rebadged HD stuff is kinda crappy :(

Also lookin at the sears two stage for $850, they gotta be having some holiday sales on it I'd think..

Then quincy, IR, ...

I dunno, just know my craftmain oil less don't cut it!

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
I got the 60 gallon Husky (Campbell Hausfeld) and it's darn nice. Sometimes I have seen it marked down as low as $379. I know you said 80 gallon, but if the 60 will work, the price is really nice.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Brandon,

Keep the post updated with what you find. I might be in the
market for an upgrade compressor myself and would be interested in what you have discovered.

TF Senior

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I passed on it for now, gonna talk to the guys at the air compressor store tomorrow. I really wanna go two stage and the 60 is a single stage..

Bummer, woulda saved $80 today - but I'd rather know I got what I wanted..

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Im thinking about getting the Craftsman Professional Series oilless 175 PSI 25 gallon compresser, however there is a Porter Cable going for 419.00, 175 PSI.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is on sale for $529 but I'll never buy oil less again! loud..

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the husky says 17 but those numbers are like ratings on amps, pure bs

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Rudezuk said:

dont get the oilless!! they are very noisy!
Will Porter and Cable work fine for me?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Brandon said:
Also lookin at the sears two stage for $850, they gotta be having some holiday sales on it I'd think
That's what I've got, got it on a sale when EVERYTHING was 10% off, so it was like $765. It's a good balance between quality and price IMO. Only had it for about 5 months now but it's working fine. For the professional shop look to IR or Champion, for the homeowner this is one nice unit:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
D60 said:

That's what I've got, got it on a sale when EVERYTHING was 10% off, so it was like $765. It's a good balance between quality and price IMO. Only had it for about 5 months now but it's working fine. For the professional shop look to IR or Champion, for the homeowner this is one nice unit:

We did the same thing for the shop. Also, this is the same one sold at Sam's Club for $999 (I think that is the price).

·
Registered
518 Posts
yea i got the Husky 60 gal and ive had it for about a year and its leaking oil into the tank alot , my water trap is full of oil to. im thinking i need to look into my warrenty.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
morpheus said:
Lowe's has an IR 60-gal 2-stage unit for like $579 I think. I think i'm gonna get one for Christmas.

- jack
It's a single stage, but good still..

I figure they gotta have a sale soon, my local Sears doesn't stock that model though. $765 would be awesome..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts