Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just looking to see if anyone would be interested in a Hutchinson Aluminium dual beadlock 20" rim? I have been talking with their new wheel guy, Hal Roth, he was unaware that there was a market for the dual beadlocks in a civilain role. I gave him some specs 20x9" with the appropriate hub and lug spacing, and around 8" of Backspace. If you are interested let me know so that I can possibly get the number of people who might be interested. He seemed to think that a large shipment of military replacement wheels might go out in 6 months and that some time after that we could look at a Hutchinson Unimog wheel.

Ryan.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aaronius,

I did look at Stazworks and I like the wheels that Jon makes, but I work around a lot of trucks that have Hutchinson wheels. Hutchinson's designs are great, the execution is flawless and the I like the idea of having a DOT approved rim, that is fairly light weight.

I may still go with Stazworks wheels, but I just wanted to check the options and give the information that I found to everyone that might want it.

Ryan.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would like to know what you find out always trying to save weight. 20x9 with 8 inches of backspacing would be perfect unimog bolt pattern

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi Ryan, another option is to go to polyperformance, they sell Goudy 20" Aluminum Beadlocks with any design, backspace, lug pattern, for $500 per rim and they are rotary forged just like the big rig wheels.

I will be ordering some rims for a couple of sets of U1300's and would be interested in talking to you about the Hutchinsons.

Don Henry

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I agree that Hutchinson makes an awesome rim. The problem will be when they tell you the price. You pay for quality, and they make a quality wheel... it's just at the price point your market will be very small...

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
i might be interested in the price as well, given that they will fit the 404 axles i'm getting.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Hutchinson wheels are on the back burner. I talked to Hal Roth, Hutchinson is very busy filling government orders so our 20" unimog wheels will be at least 6 months out. Hal said that he would get a hold of me if the time frame changes.

Ryan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts