Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, first the clutch. If I slowly press the clutch to the floor, (truck in neutral) I can feel where the clutch would engage at, and it's 1" off the floor! Usually it's 8"-9". You can imagine the fun when it's in gear and does that. :eek: I bled the clutch out this weekend, and there is no air in the lines. This just started up a couple weeks ago. The Master cylinder, T/O bearing, slave cylinder, clutch disc and pressure plate are new in the 15000 mi.

Now, on to the brakes. The pedal basically goes to the floor! :eek: It stops ok, but not until it almost hits the floor. Bled the brakes out, TRIED to adjust the rear brakes, but no help at all. I think it's either master cylinder, or the peices used to hold the rear brakes in adjustment are shot.

Anyone got some suggestions before I just start throwing $$$$ at this?? Thx.

It's a 93 Ranger, 4x4.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Just a shot in the dark here. I know on the full size trucks both piviots run thru the same point. If both started acting funny at the same time, and it is set up like the full size. Check to make sure that something under the dash didn't come loose. Also check to see that the plate that holds the pedals didn't crack, or get twisted. This may keep the pedals from traveling far enough, or that the top of the pedal is just moving backwards instead of pushing the master cylinder rods.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts