Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some ideas on how to get fluid to the rear hydraulic cylinder with running a hose from the front steer to the rear, and pictures are always nice to look at. :D

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
On my 4 wheel steer project I used normal hydralic lines all the way from the valve to the rear crossmember. From there I use hoses. That kept the cost down.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Most definately use hard lines as far as possible. The pressure inside of a rubber line will cause it to expand and contract and not give you complete and accurate control. The higher the pressure the more prevelant this is. Try to use the rubber lines just at the very ends and then make them just long enough to take up for the travel. It would also be a good idea to use some sort of hose guard on them. It will save them from getting carved up on the rocks!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starslope said:
On my 4 wheel steer project I used normal hydralic lines all the way from the valve to the rear crossmember. From there I use hoses. That kept the cost down.
What pump and valve are you using?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
joe call Tom Allen at PSC steering ive been talking to him about this kinda stuff and he can probably answer your questions.tell him allen sent ya# is 817-270-0102

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Check out the Aeroquip Teflon lined racing hose. It is the coolest hose I have ever used. Lefthander Chassis has the cheapest prices on the fittings.

CJ

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
There's lots of good tech on hydraulic plumbing at these links, from the ads and disads ot tube and hose to catalogues, specs, etc.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PR-Hydro_Steering/index1.html

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PR-Hydro_Steering/index2.html

Sample:

"
5. Plumbing / Lines

5-1. Types of Circulatory Systems.

Pipes and fittings, with their necessary seals, make up a circulatory system of liquid-powered equipment. Properly selecting and installing these components are very important. If improperly selected or installed, the result would be serious power loss or harmful liquid contamination. The following is a list of some of the basic requirements of a circulatory system:

Lines must be strong enough to contain s liquid at s desired working pressure and the surges in pressure that may develop in s system.
Lines must be strong enough to support the components that are mounted on them.
Terminal fittings must be at all junctions where parts must be removed for repair or replacement.
Line supports must be capable of damping the shock caused by pressure surges.
Lines should have smooth interiors to reduce turbulent flow.
Lines must have the correct size for the required liquid flow.
Lines must be kept clean by regular flushing or purging.
Sources of contaminants must be eliminated.
The three common types of lines in liquid-powered systems are pipes, tubing, and flexible hose, which are also referred to as rigid, semi rigid, and flexible line.

a. Tubing. The two types of tubing used for hyd.......

PS - FWIW, I don't really agree with what lucky said.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Junk Yard Dog said:
I need some ideas on how to get fluid to the rear hydraulic cylinder with running a hose from the front steer to the rear, and pictures are always nice to look at. :D

are you talking about running both front and rear from one valve?

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts