Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Team RedNeck
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here is the scoop. I've finnaly gotten to the point in my hydro assit business that i want to improve my product even further, so that i can comete even further with the big guys.

My main concern is getting a product that my customers can use and abuse. Up to this point i've been selling rams that anyone could buy online. they worked but they weren't the best way to go or everyone had trouble with mounting them.

The Big boys have a ram that is the right size and mounting configureation but it too weak and too pricey for most of us Rednecks

So my only choice is to have a ram custom built.

My quetion for you guys is what do you want?

I'm thinking 1.5" bore,7.5 or 8" stroke, threaded for heims on both ends, thick wall 1/4" tubing for the body, 1/2" high stress chrome shaft to keep the pressure equal both ways, and rebuildable.

What do you guys think? What do you think a fair price would be. want to try to get it cheap enough so that i can include it with my kit but keep the same price.

I've got a machinist working up a quote on what i listed abouve and should know after the weekend.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Dunno about a price, but I was already plannig on getting one of your kits. If you're planning on something like this with keeping the price comparible, I'm really interested! :bounce: :bounce2:
Good Luck!

·
Team RedNeck
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flmanyj said:
with or withouit the heims?

And Outlaw. I've got a ram right now that works awesome with the TJ's.
Also since you so close you ought to come down and go wheelin with us Monday and check out a few rigs with it on.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
If the price is not outrageouse, I would be very interested. I have been looking for a reasonably priced 1.5" ram, that I could recommend, when people ask me for info about my set up.
"Build it and they will come"

Keep us posted, I will buy one in a heartbeat for my set up.

·
Registered
806 Posts
hey matt,we spoke a few times on the phone im the guy with the hummer rims i would luv to still get a hydro kit for my tj not full just assist as i my jeep is a daily driver count me in i was supposed to send ya my box to be drilled and tapped let me know what it will be for the whole kit and kaboodle.what do you have for the tj set-up....
email me or call me at 336-986-5337...like i said if you want humvee rims or runflats i can hook ya up or maybe we can do somekind of trading ... you know us jeep guys broke as hell...:D

·
Registered
561 Posts
TheLakeRat said:

with or withouit the heims?

And Outlaw. I've got a ram right now that works awesome with the TJ's.
Also since you so close you ought to come down and go wheelin with us Monday and check out a few rigs with it on.
Does it work awesome on a TJ with a D60 front? That's what I've got out in the shop to be installed one of these days.
You go wheelin on Mondays? I have to work for a livin! LOL! BTW: I'm on call for work next week and have to work on Memorial Day. :( Oh well, I'll hook up with ya'll sometime. Got a few that would probably enjoy a change of scenery over here.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've got an EB and like how the "Rock Ram" fit in the last 4 Wheeler (I think it was 4 Wheeler). At around $500 for a complete kit with an updated ram, mark me down for one kit. Heims included?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Im getting ready to order one for my chevy but will wait if there is a stronger ram and a good price :D :D I liked your price and setup already but maybe I will even like it more ........

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
jslater said:
I've got an EB and like how the "Rock Ram" fit in the last 4 Wheeler (I think it was 4 Wheeler). At around $500 for a complete kit with an updated ram, mark me down for one kit. Heims included?
Matt does a good job with the narrow EB axle and mounting...he moved my trac bar above and a little behind the axle to give himself plenty of room to install the ram... If anybody can make it fit, Matt will... his work is OUTSTANDING!!!

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
matt

we've talked and im sendin that box over to ya... let me know what you come up with for these rams i would be interested if the price is right.

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
I'm also interested.

What's your typical turn-around time when you're shipped a box to drill/tap/rebuild?

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,013 Posts
$150 range sounds good to me, but I could care less about the heims on the ends....

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
I talked to you a week or so ago. I am really interested in one for my 78 bronco. If your going to get a purpose built ram., than I am in for one as well!

·
Registered
418 Posts
are you going to get any double ended rams

i realize you are talking assist, are you looking at the full hydro market?

·
Registered
11,609 Posts
what is the advanatage of heims? Seems just another thing to wear out? The ultimate would be one that bolts on in place of the one you sell now he he ;)

No complaints on my ram whatsoever and eventually I will do a full tech article on it, but then again I have never driven a rig with assist so I have absolutely nothing to compare it to assist wise.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
smitrock, bigdude....... i use MATT's setup and it works great...... allthough i went with a heimed style ram for ease of install for my current set up...... heim style makes it very easy for some of the tighter setups..... i would buy your rams with heims at 150$ all day long!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I run Matts setup on my TJ with a Currie 9 inch front and it is the shit all the way. I will be buying another from him for my next progect.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts