Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many people have went with Hydro assist and wish that they would have went with full hydro.

I was thinking of going with the redneck ram. because it is less than half the money for full hydro and then i could buy a locker for the front also. but i don't want to regret buying the assist.

Oh and i am building a Jeep YJ with a 350ci. and a Dana 60, 14 bolt, 40's LTB's. I do mostly trails.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was wondering how many people have went with Hydro assist and wish that they would have went with full hydro.

I was thinking of going with the redneck ram. because it is less than half the money for full hydro and then i could buy a locker for the front also. but i don't want to regret buying the assist.

Oh and i am building a Jeep YJ with a 350ci. and a Dana 60, 14 bolt, 40's LTB's. I do mostly trails.
Mine is hydro assist, works great, a little slow but strong, turns my 44 tsl's no problem. Matt at West Texas Offroad is a stand up guy, will go above and beyond. That being said, a good full hyro is hard to beat and so much simpler to install. I moved my box up 4'' on my YJ, high pinion king pin D 60 with tie rod behind the axle. A lot of work that would have been avoided with full hydro. The main reason I did go full is Matt had just gone through my box and I already had the ram (my jeep went from 36's on 44's to 44's on 60's) I guess if I were you I'd go full. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright thanks, still not sure what to do.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
You'll save money and engineering in the long run by going full hydro now. Lockers aren't that much money.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i order PSC full hydro :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts