Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want something like...
john deere p#al168711 (#2 in the illistration if the hotlink works) but in standard 3/4"-16tpi thread

that part is metric threaded and I am looking for similar item with 3/4"-16tpi.
I looked at chevy 1 ton new style truck inner tierod but they are tiny (Moog es3488)
Anyone have a lead?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
good luck, i work for a major CAT dealer ( welder/mechanic ) and we have the same tie rods on our ZF axles ( looks like the same break down ) and i cant even find them. when you search the part in SIS they only list the tie rod as a group and i changed several over the years and they all come in assembled. the john deer one looks like it can be purchased seperate, CAT you cant. i dont think you find them in standard thread, since all ZF axles are made over sea's.

there nice threaded ends, i wish a vender would pick up on them and make some in standard thread, jason.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to try CAT next.
those are available seperately but the local (Canada where machine parts are worth more then gold) JD dealer want $200+ each (tierods are worth more then the steering control valve :) )
what I am thinking of doing is have an adapter made. 3/4"-16 to whatever those are.

to find those on the JD online parts list I had to look in the alphabetical listing for the backhoe as like you state the assembly is all that is listed by application.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not think so
I am looking for inner tie rod ends that match the rams rather then using clevis and hiems

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I bought the JD inner tierods

attached image is my ram, the JD backhoe inner tierod, and the chevy "one ton" inner tierod.

the root of the threads on the JD are .808" so I might be able to have it turned down to 3/4"-16tpi.
iner threads look to be 22mm and the outer with jamnut look to be about 24mm

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Go with EMF, one of, if not the best you can buy (your other stuff will break around their parts). Plus they can do custom parts too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the reasasurances. I've had more time to look at their stuff and it looks very nice. Looks like Filthy Motorsports is their US distributor - do you guys go through them or direct through EMF?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts