Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, I'm about to order my ram and hoses, and I just want to double check to see if anyone sees any problems. I will drill and tap the box to 1/4 npt. I will still need to pick up 4 90deg 1/4npt fittings and some steel to mount the ram. This is a Jeep MJ (like XJ) with a Waggy D44 up front.

Ram: 1.125 bore, 7.5" stroke, .75" shaft. I've heard of eve 1.5" rams being a little too slow, and I'm only running 35s, so I think the 1.125" bore will be great. There should be plenty of stroke, and the .75" shaft is the same thickness as on many of the 1.5" rams.

Lines: 1/4x 36" lines, 1/4nptm on both ends. doing a bunch of searching it seems that everyone is happy with 1/4" lines, even with 1.5 and 2" bore rams. 36" is enough length for my setup, and I got a 3rd line as well for a spare.

so, any input?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Everything looks good. We just did this on a CJ-7 with 44's. We used the exact digram out of the newest JP mag. and everything worked great. You can use a finger to turn the 44's are 3 psi on pavement.

Im about to start rounding up parts for this project ....do you have a link so i can order the same stuff?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I ordered all of my stuff from there also. I am using this ram http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2004070713325538&item=9-4872-08&catname=hydraulic

It is awesome. I have a d44 front with a spool,5.13 gears and 37 mtrs. It is a daily driver. I didn't do anything to the pump. It is not slow, as a matter of fact going down the express way turning some rpms it is faster. Drives great. I couldn't turn before the ram off road without alot of throttle to make the tires spin.

I would recommend you get swivel adapters, it makes putting the hoses on easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts