Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yes I run both. There is no difference in plumbing a hydroboost vs a hydroboost with ram assist. You plumb the hydroboost normally and then plumb the hydro assist normally to the steering box.

If you already have a hydroboost I suggest sending it off to Vanco to get it high flowed and if you dont have anything right now take a look at what Vanco has to offer. I run a complete high flow system from Van and it works great and was easy to setup and get it working.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Vanco is good but I got my set up from PSC steering.

1350 pump with the remote res. PSC gearbox and ram set up. Chevy 1 ton master cylinder. 4 wheel disc`s. Make sure you add a cooler as the fliud get mighty warm.

Great progression with awesome power.

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Vanco is good but I got my set up from PSC steering.

1350 pump with the remote res. PSC gearbox and ram set up. Chevy 1 ton master cylinder. 4 wheel disc`s. Make sure you add a cooler as the fliud get mighty warm.

Great progression with awesome power.
When did PSC start selling hydroboost?

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
you will need to make sure the hydroboost system is a flow thru design for it to work properly

Vanco can tell ya this, or do it for ya if needed
What do you mean for "Flow thru design"? I have installed mine out of a Ford Super duty... last Monday i connected all hoses including my Steering assist. Will take almost a month until i finish my project and then i will fire it up to test it. So now i am concerned about your comment since i have no clue as if this is a "flow thru" unit and how will this affect my set-up...:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Another nod to Vanco here. Great product and super company to deal with.

Also, keep in mind that the hydroboost is very sensitive to return plumbing. If you don't do it right, your brakes will stick and all kinds of bad things will happen.

Look here for some good info:

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I think the issue is, you have 1 pump supplying pressure to the hydroboost. if that fluid can't flow thru the hydroboost and to the steering, then you will have the pump output split between the two, and it may not give sufficient flow to the steering, or pressure to the hydroboost.

basicly, your brakes may fade while steering and vice versa

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anyone running hydraulic assist, Hydraboost and a MileMarker hydraulic winch?

:barf:

·
Registered
563 Posts
The hi flowing we do allows the GPS the better pumps put out to actually be used by the ram. When the fluid hits the hydroboost it slows down (bottlenecks) we fix that. So if you're using ram and a hydroboost and lose some steering when you hit the brakes, the problem can be solved by sending us the hydroboost for hi flowing (Hi flow and rebuild is 280.00 at this time).

PS. I have dozens of customers using hydroboost and hydraulic winch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts