Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at putting Hydro-assist on my DD TJ...

Who has experience with Hydro-assist on something that sees alot of street miles (15k -20k/year)? What set-up do you use and what do/don't you like about it?

Thanks!

·
Team RedNeck
786 Posts
I have several customers that i talk to all the time that love thiers on the highway. And definately go with the 1.5" ram for a daily driver.

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
It helped mine a good bit, but death wobble is not always in the steering, my spring bushings were cracking out and the slack would cause the whole axle spring assembly so shift side to side. That was the cause of my DW.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i still have death wobble, buts that unbalanced 38's and muddy beadlocks. with ram assist steeering manuevers are slow, so dont go barreling down a fireroad get a little squirrely out back and expect to be able to correct in time before sliding off the edge...i had a little episode comming back to camp at fordyce....

·
Registered
979 Posts
Booger Weldz said:
i still have death wobble, buts that unbalanced 38's and muddy beadlocks. with ram assist steeering manuevers are slow, so dont go barreling down a fireroad get a little squirrely out back and expect to be able to correct in time before sliding off the edge...i had a little episode comming back to camp at fordyce....
Must be a 2" ram. Had that almost happen a couple times, went onto the curb doing u-turns a few times too.
1.5 is the way to go on the road.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
What if your DD has 53s? Will the 2" ram be enough or should I screw it and get a box off of anF-600 or something like that?

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
I had a 2" and it worked fine on the road at highway speed and just on the street in general. As soon as I get a little registration issue straightened out I will have the 1.5" one on so I should be able to compare but at my rate and current past record that could be a year :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts