Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have search with no direct answers and tried to contact PSC but they were no help. Which port is pressure when turning to the right (front or back port on box). Below are a couple of pictures of my assist setup. I think that I have it plumbed backwards. Any suggestions would be great. I have looked at some other diagrams but I am still a little confused. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That linked helped a lot. My gear box is from PSC (I did not drill my own). Here is a better pic of the gear box.

The hose on the top goes to the end of the ram at the axle end (if that makes sense). Thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Hydraluics...

To be on the safe side....I would consider disconnecting the cylinder rod; then see which way it moves when you move the wheel..
Enjoy....

·
Here's Johnny!
1,582 Posts
The port with the 45° fitting (towards the rear of the vehicle) is right turn and the port with the straight fitting (towards the front of the vehicle) is the left turn.

What is it doing that it should or shouldnt be that leads you to believe its not hooked up right?

I'd look at redoing the axle mount to try and get the ram more inline and parallel with the tie rod.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What is it doing that it should or shouldnt be that leads you to believe its not hooked up right?

I'd look at redoing the axle mount to try and get the ram more inline and parallel with the tie rod.
^^^^ What he said ^^^^
By keeping the ram level or more in line with the mounts it will put less stress on your trod. :smokin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts