Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could only find one picture so figured I'd ask if anyone else had any of where and how they mounted the hydro assist ram on a Dana60?

I have the PSC set-up and need idea's where to mount it.

Is it better to mount it to the axle tube itself or the diff cover? (will be using a great lake offroad cover)

What about the other end?

Thanks!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Look at the DIY4X site, I've got their diff ring with the ram mount option. It comes with the tabs to weld to your center link.
You can get full cover kit as well. If your not going high steer, it's a good option. I don't have mine mounted yet but I was impressed with the looks on the site and their service.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
here is where i mounted mine.

i also added a radiator tube on top of my new pump, and cut the cap off the old one to act as a reservoir to hold more fluid.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did see the DIY4x page-thanks.

VHD44-Thanks, yours was the one pic that I did find.

Looking for opinions on the best place to mount it. Pro's and cons on the cover or the axle tube, if any. This is new to me.

·
Premium Member
3,559 Posts
I mounted mine to the cover, it gave me the most parallel angle to the tie-rod I could mange without building a new raise mount. Never had a problem with leaks, worked great, just not enough ram.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You didn't search good enough:flipoff2: I've done this setup on a few rigs already.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Here is mine. PSC ram on my D60 w/Highsteer and low lift. That is the DIY4X Razorback diff cover. this is the only location I could mount.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Burt-where did that clamp come from?

is the general consensus to mount it as flat as possible or does it matter?

Looks like everyones is slightly different. I guess just mount it where ever it make sense on each truck.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Burt-where did that clamp come from?

is the general consensus to mount it as flat as possible or does it matter?

Looks like everyones is slightly different. I guess just mount it where ever it make sense on each truck.
My buddy Jim made the clamp for me. :smokin:

·
Premium Member
3,559 Posts
The old setup:

My clamp came from Mad4wd and I just welded the ram tabs to it. Lock that guy down with some locktite if you use it, put some tack welds on the tie-rod to prevent it from sliding past where you put it and check it's torque periodically, it's a pain when they come loose.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much of the ram's shaft should be showing with the wheels pointing straight?

Also what originally mounted to the brackets that loos liek it's upside down in 1TonS10's last 2 pictures?

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
How much of the ram's shaft should be showing with the wheels pointing straight?

Also what originally mounted to the brackets that loos liek it's upside down in 1TonS10's last 2 pictures?
Half of it.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Is it me or is this steering box mounted inside the frame rail?

Blind Briver-I got everything from PSC Motorsports and Offroad Designs.

Few pic's here:
That rig is a Scout 80/800 (1st gen Scout). That's pretty much where you have to put power box on one of those.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts