Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of mounting my hydro assist to a narrowed d60 with high steer in my scout II. I am looking for ideas as to the best way to do it. Can those who have mounted a similar set up (in any vehicle with leaves) respond with a description and/or picture of how they did it (ie back side of steering arm, center link, front of steering arm, etc) Thanks in advance.
Eric

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
The fixed end of the ram goes to a mount that is welded to the top of the punkin and the yoke on the shaft goes to a mount on the back side of the tierod. The mount on the top of the housing has been changed to a 3/4 rod streight up so the ram can pivot, not horrizontal like the one shown.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Best one I have at work right now. I had a another ram that :nuke: on me so thats what the mount you see on the top of the pumpkin was for, then new mount is lower and I just used some tabs. Other side is on the tierod, pretty straightforward.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
My shocks are outside the leafsprings on the lower part of the inner C of the 60. I run dual shocks and they are centered over the centerline of the axle tube.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
HeyBeerMan said:
Here is what I did. I cant find any more pics of it. Behind the axel tierod, draglink and tie rod infront of the axel.

:beer:man

that is fawkin tits, i dig, and if you dont mind, i am about to copy it

·
Registered
399 Posts
I just did mine last week so I understand the challenge of mounting the ram with high steer. Here is a pic of mine that shows both the shock mount and ram Mount. I just took a 4" piece o4 2X4 tubing and cut it as you see in the pic. The mounting stud is actually a 3/4 X 6" grade 8 bolt that is welded inside the tubing. I also welded a tube adapter to the end or my ram so I could use a hiem.... Hope it helps

Chris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Flatfenderman said:
I just did mine last week so I understand the challenge of mounting the ram with high steer. Here is a pic of mine that shows both the shock mount and ram Mount. I just took a 4" piece o4 2X4 tubing and cut it as you see in the pic. The mounting stud is actually a 3/4 X 6" grade 8 bolt that is welded inside the tubing. I also welded a tube adapter to the end or my ram so I could use a hiem.... Hope it helps

Chris

Is that on a dana 30?

:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.