Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of mounting my hydro assist to a narrowed d60 with high steer in my scout II. I am looking for ideas as to the best way to do it. Can those who have mounted a similar set up (in any vehicle with leaves) respond with a description and/or picture of how they did it (ie back side of steering arm, center link, front of steering arm, etc) Thanks in advance.
Eric

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
The fixed end of the ram goes to a mount that is welded to the top of the punkin and the yoke on the shaft goes to a mount on the back side of the tierod. The mount on the top of the housing has been changed to a 3/4 rod streight up so the ram can pivot, not horrizontal like the one shown.

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
since my steering arms go both ways, lol they are on the arm itself.

jiMMy

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Best one I have at work right now. I had a another ram that :nuke: on me so thats what the mount you see on the top of the pumpkin was for, then new mount is lower and I just used some tabs. Other side is on the tierod, pretty straightforward.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
My shocks are outside the leafsprings on the lower part of the inner C of the 60. I run dual shocks and they are centered over the centerline of the axle tube.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
HeyBeerMan said:
Here is what I did. I cant find any more pics of it. Behind the axel tierod, draglink and tie rod infront of the axel.

:beer:man

that is fawkin tits, i dig, and if you dont mind, i am about to copy it

·
Banned
7,673 Posts
fcfred said:
attach ram to frame and run to pitman arm
Sounds like a good way to rip your frame apart.

Mine is welded to the front of the axle and to the rear of the tie rod. If rocks beat it to death I'll go hi-steer and move it.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Here are some shots of mine. I made the steering arms, behind the axle tie rod, ram tower on long side tube, shocks half on on steering knuckle inner C's

·
Registered
399 Posts
I just did mine last week so I understand the challenge of mounting the ram with high steer. Here is a pic of mine that shows both the shock mount and ram Mount. I just took a 4" piece o4 2X4 tubing and cut it as you see in the pic. The mounting stud is actually a 3/4 X 6" grade 8 bolt that is welded inside the tubing. I also welded a tube adapter to the end or my ram so I could use a hiem.... Hope it helps

Chris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Flatfenderman said:
I just did mine last week so I understand the challenge of mounting the ram with high steer. Here is a pic of mine that shows both the shock mount and ram Mount. I just took a 4" piece o4 2X4 tubing and cut it as you see in the pic. The mounting stud is actually a 3/4 X 6" grade 8 bolt that is welded inside the tubing. I also welded a tube adapter to the end or my ram so I could use a hiem.... Hope it helps

Chris

Is that on a dana 30?

:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts