Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question but have haven't been able to find a clear answer yet. Yes I have searched and found a lot of valuable info just not a definite answer. Maybe I just sux at the search. :confused:
Anyway.... I'm going to be running hydro boost brakes, power steering box and a 2x8 ram assist. What power steering pump will be able to run all 3? I know other people most be running comparable systems and would like to know what brand pumps they are using or would recommend?(what holds up) It will be on a Jeep 4.0 in a Cherokee.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
call psc or vanco. maby a psc N pump or P pump and you make a bracket.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'm running a PSC pump now. But had a modified saginaw pump like redneck ram before the PSC pump. The both seem to work the same to me. I have hydroboost and ram assist

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm interested in this topic as I have hydroboost brakes and power steering. I'm near adding a power assist cylinder and am a bit worried about keeping enough fluid going to everything. I think I might have found a good solution. First here is a pic of a stock type pump:

And here is a pic of the pump I am currently using I got from a mid 80s 1 ton with remote reservoir.

And finally here is a pump I got today from a school bus, yes a fricken school bus!

The school bus system is a little different than the regular hydroboost system. both fittings on the pump go to the powersteering box and then to the hydroboost brakes which is opposite to the 1 ton setup. but both seem to have larger slave cylinders in them needing more flow. The pump is physically bigger in every dimension than a typical pump so I think it flows more unmodified. I think it is an economical solution for this problem. (I got mine free)

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have hydro assist and installed hydro boost last summer.My pump is a stock Chevy pump with no mods and the system works great :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts