Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is going full hydro. The valve is an Eaton Char Lynn. It has the 4 lines on the top and also a hole in the left hand side of it (looking from rear). What line is supposed to be here??:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
My OV is an eaton as well but only has the 4 on top. Is this other port a bypass? I know when I ordered mine the guy at the hydro shop aksed me about a bypass valve and I said no bypass. If this is the case I would get the one with no bypass cause I know that my john deere tractors OV has a bypass and the hydro sterring works fine till you get it into a bind then the wheel just turns and fluid is directed around.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's wanting to plug it. What will happen if you plug the bypass? Anything?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
why not just get the full part number (if its on the valve) and call a eaton hydro rep and ask what its for? they should be able to break down the pn as to how the valve was spec'd I know danfoss,and parker can? just a thought

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
jstarnes said:
why not just get the full part number (if its on the valve) and call a eaton hydro rep and ask what its for? they should be able to break down the pn as to how the valve was spec'd I know danfoss,and parker can? just a thought
This is a complete guess but sense its sunday these guys are trying to get somthing done and dont feel like wating till monday to ask. I could be wrong but I sure have done it.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
That sounds like a load sensing valve. If it is, he will not be able to use that steering valve. Load sensing valves are closed centered, which means that when you are not steering, no fluid can flow through the valve.

The only way that he can use that valve is if he uses an open centered load sensing priority valve with it . You are looking at about a $125 expense for that valve.

Sean

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
USFSIHC said:

This is a complete guess but sense its sunday these guys are trying to get somthing done and dont feel like wating till monday to ask. I could be wrong but I sure have done it.
Good guess :D

Station, thanks for the info.

I think he got another valve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts