Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
10" if you're going off the tierod. You can use 8" if you are going to run it off a highsteer arm. Just drill the arm accordingly. I run 8s off arms front and rear.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
convertiyota do you have any pictures of your set up, i want to run it off the tie rod and was going to use a 8'' ram.
drive time if you are using a 10'' ram did you turn your steering locks in or are they in the stock position, the only resion i ask is this is where i am now with bolth axles and was going to order the rams, thanks jason.

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank's I geuss I will get some new ram's.I was planing on going off the tie rod.My rams are push only I was running 2 of them on my 60 but it is cool I can get new ones for like 60 a piece.So I have never asked the question but now I assume rockwell's turn shaper than 60's.Is that correct?Thanks for the help guy's

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Teach me on these rockwell's.I do not under stand why it matters where you mount the cylinder to use a different stroke.Is it because the cylinder is more inline and no angle to it so it does not haft to move as much to move the tie rod or steering arm?It has me confused and maybe if I had the axle here already to look at I would understand.I just talked to a buddy that has rockwell's up in Canada and he said he uses a 12" stroke.So now I am really confused...hmm

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
the ram end is closer to the king pin
so it travels less to move the tie rod
look at the pic the steer arm is shorter than the tierod mount

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have not touched my steering stops, and 10" seems to be the perfect amount. Mine is setup like OneTonk5's

·
Registered
625 Posts
i like 1ton5k's style (shark fin one (with single end ram))

but have u consider how to protect it from having things hitting it? if so.. what are you going to use?

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
i measured 9" of tie rod travel on my rockwell, so i used a 10" ram with a 1" stop. a have not measured to make sure the steering stops are adjusted correctly. how much angle does the knuckle turn? how far out are your guys stops? :beer:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts