Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Not new on the forum but not posting.
I'm Peter from belgium and i'm having problems with my hydroboost/brakes.steering

The previous hydroboost that was installed had a crack in the housing so it started leaking Power steering fluid.

I bought a new one raybestos RPB 650084

If i keep my foot hard on the brakes, the engine will stall.
If i keep it slightly the power steering fluid gets that hot that 10 min later i can't steer anymore.

We have hydro pump going to hydroboost. hydroboost to orbitrol, 2 PSC tube fin coolers.

Something is wrong with the pressure relief valve but i don't know what :confused:

Sugestions apart from buying a new one

Thx

·
Premium Member
29,409 Posts
do you have a way to put a pressure gauge on the pump outlet line?

what power steering pump are you using?

the hydroboost should have 1 line going in to it and 2 lines going out of it. The power beyond/pass through port is the one that should go to the steering valve and the return line should go to the tank or be T'd into the return line from the orbital.

keep in mind that the orbital will flow a higher volume through the return line, so make sure the that orbital is taking the straightest path through the T and the hydroboost return line is being forced to turn the corner.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its connected like it was for 5 years or more ...

on 1 side there is one connection and this comes from the pump.
on the other side there a 2 connections. 1 goes to the orbitrol and the other directly into the reservoir.

both the return from the orbitrol as the return of the hydroboost goes completly seperate in the reservoir. so there is no interfear possible i think.

I don't have a pressure gauge but i can buy one if needed.

the previuos owner used an "industrial/ agricultural " pump a fiat C22X
but this worked for several years with him. I changed the hydroboost because of the broken house and now i have that problem.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now i'm going from the pump to the hydroboost and after the hydroboost to the orbitrol.

Will it be better to go from the pump to the orbitrol and then to the hydroboost ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts