Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 79 ScoutII, converted to front k20 calipers and the dual piston calipers in the back. Question is I need to push alot of fluid(or do I really??) so I see alot of hydroboost available on ebay and was wondering should I just grab any one that works and bolt a late model disc/disc mastercylinder to it? Do I need a prop valve? Seems the hydroboosts from cars have the better chance the pushrods fit without much mod or are adjustible.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, so i researched it, and heres what i come up with. im using the already mentioned k20 front calipers and stock dana 70 from an 06 hd express van w/dual pistons. i went ahead and grabbed a fairly new hydroboost off the same model($15) and brand new disc disc prop valve. the mounting plate should be real close or ill just redrill/fab a new one, same goes for the pushrod, i believe it adjustable if not cut and weld it is all needed. the reservoir is huge so i believe i can get some good pedal pressure. im looking for a hydroboost pump now. just wanted to relay that it is not very complicated as it seems, most mods needed for it are not difficult.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts