Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple emails into the Hypertech tech support, but not response yet. In the meantime, I wanted to see if you anyone else has experienced these issues?

I have an '04 chevy silverado 2500, 6.0L

Problem:
After programming, my information display on the truck reads "service 4wd" after driving for a little while and the push button 4wd lights all go out. If I pull the 4wd fuse and put it back in, it clears the error and the lights come back on as normal.

Programmed:
-87 octane
-35" tires (which requires I tell it that I don't have any traction assist, or else it only lets you go up to 33")
6200 rpm rev limiter set which is +500
+300 shift 1-2, +400 shift the rest
4.10 gear ratio
100% shift firmness
128mph max speed

·
Registered
381 Posts
It more then likely doesnt have anything to do with the reprogramming, thats more then likely just coincidence. IIRC most service 4wd issues were fixed by replacing the push button setup. If you got a buddy, try to swap it out for a test. They are really easy to pull out.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you are thinking the push button switch is faulty?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Seems to me I have heard of this happening before after a hypertech flash. Wait and talk to them before you do any part swapping.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Seems to me I have heard of this happening before after a hypertech flash. Wait and talk to them before you do any part swapping.

Well i guess if its following the hypertechs, im not up on progammers for the gas trucks, but there was a issue with service 4wd lights coming on and in most cases it was just the switches that got switched out, however there wasnt ever a tuner involved to my knowledge......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.