Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found one for 300 bux that needs some work. When you power it up the readout flickers like a short.

Is it worth trying to fix ? Anyone ever used one ?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I have a 900 and love it. 300 bucks wouldn't even cover the price of replacing my torch. I would be all over it at that price in a second

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
As said if the torch is GOOD go for it even not probably good buy.

What's the year it was made? Maybe under warranty?

Call hypertherm tech they have a real person answer their phone and walk you through the machine :D

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As said if the torch is GOOD go for it even not probably good buy.

What's the year it was made? Maybe under warranty?

Call hypertherm tech they have a real person answer their phone and walk you through the machine :D

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.I hope to go see it on Sat. They claim it has an "80" torch instead of a 60.

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
I have a Powermax1100 that I upgraded to the G3 torch (RT80) - for what I paid for the plasma and the torch I'd jump all over that one like fleas on a dog!

When I bought mine used, I found the local Airgas very helpful. They let me know when the Hypertherm rep was going to be by and I took the unit in. There weren't any problems with it, but he checked it out and tweaked a few things. Then spent about half an hour showing me how to get it to work best. Biggest problem I was having was that apparently I was traveling too slow with it, resulting in ragged edges.

The other thing with the G3 machines is the "fine cut" consumables. Even with an 80amp machine, I can change to those and burn through sheetmetal without overpowering it. Then swap in the regular consumables and cut through 1 1/4" material like it was butter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts