Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am a seriously poor bastard..... 700 bucks for a doubler is a little pricey since i have to have my th-350 rebuilt right now....

anyone make their own homebrew adapter?? I have a buddy who has access to a full cnc machine shop, but i want to be able to make this in my shop or worst case VERY little machining.....

or whats the cheapest place??

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
I thought their was plans on offroadfabnet.com

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Kyle took them off of there last time I checked.

·
Registered
29,224 Posts
I might have it on my computer. I have a file called 205adpt.dxf but I don't know what it is for. I can't read the file. I have a habit of saving stuff I might need, as I plan to go NP203/N205 if I can find a fucking TH400/NP203 adapter. I wish someone made one of those. :mad:

Can I email it to someone so they can check and see what this file is?

·
Registered
227 Posts
hey texasblake send the file my way i can check it out. plus I am planning on getting or making one soon.

[email protected]

bobo

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone get the files figured out??

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,238 Posts

·
5,599 Posts
Grendel said:
guys, there's a thread here on PBB with the images required.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199247&goto=newpost

Otherwise, Stazworks.
John at stazworks dosent make the adaptors he just pimps them for his friends at Jeds.

Thats what I have $450 complete. Much cleaner then If I made one :D

You could have them or WMS respline the intermidiate shaft for you if you make your own adaptor. About $60 for the re-spline.

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,238 Posts
ashmanjeepXJ said:
John at stazworks dosent make the adaptors he just pimps them for his friends at Jeds.

Thats what I have $450 complete. Much cleaner then If I made one :D

You could have them or WMS respline the intermidiate shaft for you if you make your own adaptor. About $60 for the re-spline.
Right, I have one, too.

I didn't say he made them, I said he has them.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
TexasBlake said:
I plan to go NP203/N205 if I can find a fucking TH400/NP203 adapter. I wish someone made one of those. :mad:

WMS makes them, or at least they used to.

·
Registered
173 Posts
TexasBlake said:
I might have it on my computer. I have a file called 205adpt.dxf but I don't know what it is for. I can't read the file. I have a habit of saving stuff I might need, as I plan to go NP203/N205 if I can find a fucking TH400/NP203 adapter. I wish someone made one of those. :mad:

Can I email it to someone so they can check and see what this file is?
All you need is the 400/203 adaptor? I've got a stock one here in the shop. $150 for it if you need it. :smokin:

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if i had them re-spline my shaft, would i be able to use my 27 spline 205?? it's from a th-350...

from what i understand the ORD only uses a 32 spine input from a th-400 205.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh ya i only have a 305, so i dont think 5 splines will be a huge strength issue here

·
Registered
816 Posts
you can also use a ford 31 spline input from a ford in your 27 spline casethey are more common sometimes. the only thing is that you have to bore out your case for the larger bearing.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
sure you can use a 27 spline 205, if you swap out the input shaft for a 32 spline. the 27 spline 350 version has a MALE input shaft. the 400 version is FEMALE. unless you want to work your stock 350 adapter in there aswell (talking about 6-8 inches longer) you need a female input.

-Scott

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SCOTTS_4X said:
sure you can use a 27 spline 205, if you swap out the input shaft for a 32 spline. the 27 spline 350 version has a MALE input shaft. the 400 version is FEMALE. unless you want to work your stock 350 adapter in there aswell (talking about 6-8 inches longer) you need a female input.

-Scott

damn, i knew i was seriously missing something

ok i will look for a 400 205...........

thanks guys. now the whole thing makes sense...

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
you can also just get the input shaft and swap it into your case if you can't find a complete one. the only catch is you have to have the input bearing bore enlarged for the larger bearing that goes with the 32 spline input.

-Scott

1 - 20 of 22 Posts