Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used 40 boggers and will have the front and rear locked. I think I need a 6 inch lift. What would be a good lift kit to buy?

should I be worried about spring wrap?

any other advice?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also have cut out fender flares for it. They will be custom fit to make the fender as wide as possible.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Go with a 4" lift and add 1" zero rates. Here is a pic of my old k5 with 4" lift 1" zerorates and 40" boggers

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go with a 4" lift and add 1" zero rates. Here is a pic of my old k5 with 4" lift 1" zerorates and 40" boggers
did your truck have negative arch springs to start with? is there a special way to compensate for that? or does it not matter just get the 4 inch lift.

any comments on spring wrap?

what would a good brand to buy be?

·
Registered
630 Posts
did your truck have negative arch springs to start with? is there a special way to compensate for that? or does it not matter just get the 4 inch lift.

The front springs on every stock 73-87 chevy I've seen were negativly arched. As far as brands, I had tuff country and was very happy with it, I have also heard good things about BDS

·
Registered
9,370 Posts
I have used 40 boggers and will have the front and rear locked. I think I need a 6 inch lift. What would be a good lift kit to buy?

should I be worried about spring wrap?

any other advice?
a 6" lift is NOT going to clear 40s. You need to trim those fenders or lift it some more. Personally I'd trim the fenders, but that's just me.

what are zerorates?
:shaking::laughing:

a 1" block that bolts to the springs using a new center pin. They are ok to use in frontend applications. Offroad Design makes them. Their website is www.offroaddesign.com
Get Kert's stuff...quality products and better prices than ORD. www.diy4x.com

the negative arch is properly due to wear and tear. I would go into the 52/64" spring swap, but I think that's way above your cognitive level at this time. Get a superlift 6" lift kit if you don't need much flex for the trails. And you'll probably have some spring wrap, depending on how much softer spring you put in the rear. And what axles are you planning to run? I hope not a 10 bolt special...:shaking:...them toothpick axles aren't going to last long with 39.5" boggers...trust me, my friend climbed a 10' hill with this exact setup and grendaded the spider gears thru the diff cover...and it was an open carrier :barf:

·
Registered
90 Posts
And what axles are you planning to run? I hope not a 10 bolt special...:shaking:...them toothpick axles aren't going to last long with 39.5" boggers...trust me, my friend climbed a 10' hill with this exact setup and grendaded the spider gears thru the diff cover...and it was an open carrier :barf:
since when do M1008 NOT have a D60/14FF ???

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a friend who made some fiberglass cutout flares for me. He is going to cut them in half and make the fenders as wide as possible then fill the middle of the flares with glass. He did that on his blazer and has a 6 inch lift and clears 40's.
I wasn't sure if the 6inch would be the same because the springs may be different between the blazer and M1008. That is why I am asking.

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
630 Posts
Get Kert's stuff...quality products and better prices than ORD. www.diy4x.com
Yes Kert's stuff is the best (see sig) but he doesnt't make a 1" zero-rate. If he did I would have bought it :p

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
check out BlackWidowperformance.com
They got zero rates for reasonable prices.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wouldnt bother with the fender flares if i was you, unless you really like the look of them or the cops where you live are dicks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah I like them, the truck will mostly be a trailer queen,

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here is my friends blazer with flares and 40's
he does custom fiberglass

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what do you guys think about the national tire and wheel econo lift?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts