Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,,

I own a 1981 Chevy K30(454ci,Dana 60,14 bolt,), ive been searching for almost one month, the more i search the more i get confused, Im looking for a full 4-5 inch lift kit and other components setup, the truck is used for long trips offroading and city drive, for the tires i can trim the fenders, but for the lift kit will it cause any steering issues for the stock steering? what should i upgrade?

im planing to throw 52'' in the front and EZ inch to keep the axle at the stock position, they flex like jeeps,

do i need a hydro assist? x-over?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Leave it stock steering for now. Get a $70 drop drag link and try it. Doesn’t sound like you’ll be doing much hard stuff.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Screw the 52" springs. Just do a good 4" lift spring. It will flex just as much. ORD can provide a custom set. Or any aftermarket spring will do. PS Rough Country sucks. Tough Country is good and sold by ORD. Sorry not a fan of deteriorating the approach angle. As for steering I put a stock Dodge Kingpin D60 steering arm on. It was drilled and the taper reversed to come in from the top.
My 84 K30 dually. 4" superlift springs, ORD swaybar disconnect kit, ORD heavy duty shackle kit with greasable bushings. 295/75/16 Open Country Toyos

Kept the swaybar since we throw a camper on for the summer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Screw the 52" springs. Just do a good 4" lift spring. It will flex just as much. ORD can provide a custom set. Or any aftermarket spring will do. PS Rough Country sucks. Tough Country is good and sold by ORD. Sorry not a fan of deteriorating the approach angle. As for steering I put a stock Dodge Kingpin D60 steering arm on. It was drilled and the taper reversed to come in from the top.
My 84 K30 dually. 4" superlift springs, ORD swaybar disconnect kit, ORD heavy duty shackle kit with greasable bushings. 295/75/16 Open Country Toyos

Kept the swaybar since we throw a camper on for the summer.
Actually here in the middle east we dont have free shipping so if i ordered a lift spings it will cost me around 2000$ Including the shipping, thats why im looking to go with the 52s, i will just buy the rear shackle mount and the zero rate from ORD, the leafs and the shakles are cheap and eazy to find here, but if i changed it to the dodge steering arm, will it correct my steering? I mean for flexible 5 inch lift, i will also order limiting straps F250 shock towers and a bump stops

·
blatant asshole
11,739 Posts
So you will order a $50 part that is nothing more than a flat piece of steel but not the parts that actualy take skill and effort to make? From the same company no less.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you will order a $50 part that is nothing more than a flat piece of steel but not the parts that actualy take skill and effort to make? From the same company no less.
Lift springs or leaf springs if I bought them from ORD it will cost me around 2000$

EZ inch max 100$ With the shipping, then ill get the 52 springs from scrapyard for 70$

·
blatant asshole
11,739 Posts
So why not just by a 1"x3"x12" piece of steel for $11 and 4 bolts?

Drill 4 holes and cut the bar in half.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Someone forgot a couple tires/wheels. 😆
If you will notice the sticker still on the tire. This was when I installed them and was deciding what size spacer I needed so the rear tires wouldn't be touching each other. Ended up using a 2". Which was a pain in the ass to get due to Covid.

·
Vendor
992 Posts
52's generally need crossover steering to work well. Working on your shipping arrangement might be your best way to spend some time on the project for a little while. Everything you need is easy to get and bolt on if you can get it across the ocean for a reasonable charge. We'll help however we can but we're not good at getting parts overseas. Freight forwarders are the buddies to have for that problem.
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Actually here in the middle east we dont have free shipping so if i ordered a lift spings it will cost me around 2000$ Including the shipping, thats why im looking to go with the 52s, i will just buy the rear shackle mount and the zero rate from ORD, the leafs and the shakles are cheap and eazy to find here, but if i changed it to the dodge steering arm, will it correct my steering? I mean for flexible 5 inch lift, i will also order limiting straps F250 shock towers and a bump stops
Goddammit! The $ goes first! Like this "I can get the springs for $70".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts