Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Its just a isuzu flat bed with a home made camper on it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
you can't count 4 wheels in the back as being "4 wheel drive"

I would guess around 20k to 30K..... depends on what part of the Country, I guess I couldn't see paying much more than that for a small RV

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Jeeeezzzz, If you really want a rig 'like' that, then get yourself a UNIMOG!!!!

'Mogs are Bitchin'

Eric

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
There are a few of those little cabovers that are 4x4. Look at how high the cab is above the axle on the one posted.

I don't know if you've ever driven one of those, the the ones I have rode so bad that it beat the hell out of you driving down a bumpy highway; I can't even imagine how bad it would be off road.

Pete

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Chrisf said:
you can't count 4 wheels in the back as being "4 wheel drive"
Ok Fawkers!

1. It's got a front Drive axle & T-CASE. (I seen em in person)
2. I took the pic in Utah and I'm sorry my photo program makes the tires OVAL when I resize pics
3. It's probably 1/2 the price of a comparable model year mog (besides everybody has a Mog or a Pinz-granted they are pretty cool)
4. It's got ton's of storage boxes
5. I'm sure you could easily remove all that junk and it would be quite versatile. (For Example: Take camper off and you have a utility truck, Take Utility boxes and camper off and you have a flatbed. That's why I like it.
6. Obviously this particular one is set up for the highway but it's in our nature to modify everything so why not this?
:flipoff2:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
toydawg85 said:
Maybe its got an allison tranny if its an izuzu??? That would be kewl...
It was an Isuzu! Guy runs a septic service and that's his work truck minus the camper. His hobby is photography and he cruises around with his wife to do workshops in BFE 2 months out of the year. He just meets his clients on location. I thought that was pretty cool. He was hanging out waiting for sunset Red Rocks shots at Pinnacles by Moab in Utah. Just drop a camper on the work truck and as Emeril would say "BAM" you have a mobile hotel with lot's of closet space and decent towing power. I'm sure top speed aint great. Probably a pretty smooth ride. It'd be bitchen with airbags. Raise it for offroad and lower it for the highway.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ToyFamily said:
I just saw an Isuzu flat bed in the wheel n deals for 5K it looked clean then get yourself a lance and start fabbin
If I had 5k I'd be buying a welder & puttin coils, 4 link & 1 Ton junk under my Flattie. I just dig that Isuzu 4x4. It's on my long list of shyte to acquire.

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
That thing is :rainbow:

You can pick up a Pinzgaur (sp?) for about 8-10K and it would be way cooler.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Sully said:
That thing is :rainbow:

You can pick up a Pinzgaur (sp?) for about 8-10K and it would be way cooler.
Really. I had no idea they were that cheap. :eek:

Anybody wanna buy a 00 GMC Sierra Extra Cab 4 Door Z71 w/ 65K hard miles, a cracked windshield, missing fog light, a few scratches and worn out treads? It has Alloy wheels, Pleather, Heated Power Seats, Power Mirrors, Tow Kit, AM/FM/CD, Dark Tint, Ski Racks! 18k OBO

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
GEARSINMYHEAD said:

Really. I had no idea they were that cheap. :eek:

Yep, there's a guy here, I think from Mesa, who always brings a couple to the gun shows. All about 10K, I think the 6x6 one was around 12K.

I'd almost talked myself into getting one at the last show, and have been afraid to go back!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.