Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my stock 97F150 I used to have a squeak from about 5 to 20mph, it came from the frontend so I always thought CV or something, eventually it went away, and it would get faster as the truck got faster so something that rotates with the tires or dline, not a motor noise

Now I got a new squeak , and only happens in reverse, but seems like it goes along with the rotation of the tires, and it is pretty fast

Any ideas, I know U joints can give intermittent noises, maybe the rear dline ujoint?? Truck has 150K and has recently been used alot to tow my 5k# boat

Thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't get my ears to touch, but thanks for the help anyways I appreciate it. I'm sure that comment will help me get this truck fixed so i can be on my merry way

·
Debauchery Wizard
9,852 Posts
get a friend to lie under the truck on a creeper and hold the frame while you drive. OR.....try lubing things.....

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
This thread is fawking stupid.

A grease gun and some periodic preventative maintenance go along way.
Sqeaks or various rattles and noises are pretty easy to figure out.

Crawl under, grease anything with a zerk fitting. Grab things and shake, if its solid and doesn't rattle or squeak, move on.

Rocket science at its finest.:shaking:

·
Registered
316 Posts
if you get one from wal-mart make sure he/she speaks english. last time I checked everything there was from china....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts