Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got annother yota from my other one being totaled and its got 2 2barrel carbs.... anyone know anything about these....
Should i ditch this carb or is it a upgrade pretty much?

its an 82 yota pick up with 22r

Its got a cam and some vavle work, NWOR header msd ignition and optima battery oh yeah and 2in exhaust from headerback

·
Registered
17 Posts
upgrade??

all of my 4 cyl engines died with wimpers. swapped in a sbc and never looked back!! except to wait for my 4 cyl. buddy's....
you can probably sell the engine for good $$ and pay for the sbc swap!!!:)

·
Registered
653 Posts
What I've heard for dual Webers/Mikunis isn't good. They are nice on the street but really have angles. Besides, dual syncronous carbs can be a real hassle to tune. I guess you can be happy there are only two, ever tune an old Ferrari? Personally, I'd sell the engine and swap in a 22RE at the least.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yeah what he said... besides you can probably sell the carbs on ebay for $$$.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
You might be able to sell the duals to one of these ricer road racer punks and do an EFI swap. Thats what I would do. I've got a 38 weber on mine and would like to go EFI someday. I bought the new carb when it was my work truck and now I wish I wouldn't have. I'll make due for a while with the carb but I see EFI in my future.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
and tuning them sucks, they both have to be in sync, meaning you get to tune them pretty often. They also wont help any at low end torque, I think they actually deter some.

Sell it on ebay to someone and get a single 2bbl

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so i`ll sell them on e-bay...how much do you think on e-bay and it looks like i gotta sell the intake manifold as well b.c. it looks like its upside down but its b/c those are different carbs.... do you know if i could sell em even?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
83RockYota said:
ok so i`ll sell them on e-bay...how much do you think on e-bay and it looks like i gotta sell the intake manifold as well b.c. it looks like its upside down but its b/c those are different carbs.... do you know if i could sell em even?

I might be interested in them..I want them for my toyota powerd sand rail...I'm not sure what there worth but I have a asian carb and a weber carb I'll trade with some cash if your interested...I think the weber is a 32/36...asian carb I got is a trade with a box of stuff,,,was rebuilt but never ran as far as I know....send me a pm if interested..

·
Registered
362 Posts
Find out what model / make those carbs are and just post the whole thing... carbs, air cleaners, intake, etc and get a EFI intake. They are fairly plentiful and not too expensive, plus lots of others have done this swap. Oh... and clean up that godawful wiring!

Don't know what al this would cost but switching to EFI is not just adding an intake... you need a computer, fuel rail / injectors, new fuel lines, wiring harness, and a EFI fuel tank with pump and sender. Maybe cheaper to go to a 4.3???

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
I would bet you could get $350+ out of that setup on eBay...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts