Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got Bling-bling :flipoff2:
I needed to make a shroud for my electric fans and a stronger mount for the aluminum radiator soo i got to looking around the shop.
The shop i rent space fron is a neon bending place and there is a shat-load of lexan and plexiglass floating around. so i grabed a sheet of 3/8 lexan and cut it to size,routed out the fan holes and mocked it up.
it looked like it would work so i said fawk it and sprayed the fans with some engine paint and bolted it all up with 3/4 foam between the shroud and the radiator.
I am still debating the aluminum cover on the top that hides the not so pretty 1/4 steel bracket :D the radiator is now mounted quite secure and todaly isolated from vibration.
maybe i should have had them bend up some neon for me :flipoff2:

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Carpet bar, I love it!:laughing:

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ForestCam said:
Carpet bar, I love it!:laughing:
hey it was laying around and i was in my
"ooooooooh shiny" mood :D
CG ya send me measurements of what size you need and what you are trying to cool and i could make you something sweet for next to nothing

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
One thing comes to mind though, looks like you only have about ¼" or so of space between the lexan and the rad. so in effect you've blocked off most of the airflow through your radiator, kinda like I do by putting a piece of cardboard over mine to get a little heat in the winter.

·
Visa Master
2,320 Posts
Also, now with the radiator blocked by the lexan the only cooling it will get is from the fans...

The areas with the lexan will have no flow-through air when you are moving....

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actualy that pic is a little decieving as the tanks on the side sick out a good distance past the fins. for 90% of the radiator there is 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch clearance between the shroud and the rad. it does crimp down the foam a little more top and bottom but air flow is realy good.
i turned on the fans and stuck the gas to 2,000rpm and had lunch to see how they did.
It never got above 160 :flipoff2:

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mutt said:
Also, now with the radiator blocked by the lexan the only cooling it will get is from the fans...

The areas with the lexan will have no flow-through air when you are moving....
the fans take up at least 75% of the radiator so flow threw is good. also i have noticed that air likes to take the path of least resistance so unless you had a flapper vavle like thing on the holes in the shroud when the fans kicked in they would pull a signifigant amount of airflow from BEHIND the radiator,efectively cooling nothing.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
usmcdoc14 said:
I got Bling-bling :flipoff2:

and I'm surprised with this??? :rolleyes:

Better get all the support you need for Sunday.. I'll have the Waggie ready and waiting to show YOU how to conquer the Ditch of Doom

:flipoff2:

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup your jealous :flipoff2: dont wory Chief i can make you some shiny things for the waggy. i saw some LED valve stems that would pimp that ride.
dont worry i will surprise ya with them :D

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
usmcdoc14 said:
yup your jealous :flipoff2: dont wory Chief i can make you some shiny things for the waggy. i saw some LED valve stems that would pimp that ride.
dont worry i will surprise ya with them :D

:laughing: ^

How did the blue goo look the next day?? ;)

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
never got any :p maybe your yard felt bad for getting me stuck :flipoff2: hey nooozuki needs to send more pics for me to post

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Air Ride said:
That's cool, now you can see if your radiator is working.
ya i think i will pick up some clear valve covers,distribitor, and some dif. covers to match :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts