Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Change is good.
35,194 Posts
Perimeter video surveillance, a Caucasian Mountain Dog, an external alarm, and a network enabled alarm that notifies you. Basically make another target more inviting.

·
Registered
28,621 Posts
Update : On Thursday the LEO's arrested the same two tweakers who were previously arrested with my shit . They were in possession of nearly all my stolen items and an additional 60+ stolen firearms and tons of misc ammo and hunting gear . The fuckers were released from jail Friday morning , word has it they then hit two houses in a nearby neighborhood and cut the safes open ! Not out of jail for 24 hrs and business as usual for these fuckers ! Its just a matter of time until something very bad happens to these tweaks .

On a bright note , our local 4x4 group banded together and got me a new safe to replace the one that was destroyed . I cant express my gratitude twards all the good people who helped our family , once again , take whatever steps you can and don't let it happen to you .

I've got my fingers crossed for us taxpayers, bud!

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Update : On Thursday the LEO's arrested the same two tweakers who were previously arrested with my shit . They were in possession of nearly all my stolen items and an additional 60+ stolen firearms and tons of misc ammo and hunting gear . The fuckers were released from jail Friday morning , word has it they then hit two houses in a nearby neighborhood and cut the safes open ! Not out of jail for 24 hrs and business as usual for these fuckers ! Its just a matter of time until something very bad happens to these tweaks .
This crap is so infuriating. My BIL knows the criminals in his area by name, He arrests them, and some judge lets them back out. expand the three strike rule, and make it so you go straight from the courtroom, to the morgue on the third strike.

·
Premium Member
8,792 Posts
Perimeter video surveillance, a Caucasian Mountain Dog, an external alarm, and a network enabled alarm that notifies you. Basically make another target more inviting.
Are there any good network enabled alarms that don't require a monthly subscription fee? I'd really like to add some door sensors that would text me when a door is opened or something similar to that. I'd even consider getting a smart phone if it was required. :laughing:

I know there has to be something like that out there in the security world, but it would be nice if it was wireless, and easy to setup/use too.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
at least you got recovery. We were hit and lost a lotto pistols. the rifles were just tossed aside. Now we have several layers of security in place.

if possible, hide the true safe deep and well secured. Then install a cheap stack on cabinet decoy where they will think that is the true deal and let em spend a lot of time there and the real safe stays hidden.

·
Window Licker
14,784 Posts
Are there any good network enabled alarms that don't require a monthly subscription fee? I'd really like to add some door sensors that would text me when a door is opened or something similar to that. I'd even consider getting a smart phone if it was required. :laughing:

I know there has to be something like that out there in the security world, but it would be nice if it was wireless, and easy to setup/use too.
Look in to the SmarThings hub and their door/windows sensors. They can do exactly what you're looking for....e-mail or text alerts when the sensor is tripped.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts

Liberty has a pretty neat setup.

Liberty Safes - Accessories - Security and Care - Safelert Monitoring System

As long as your wifi is working it should notify you that someone is trying to get into the safe.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Liberty has a pretty neat setup.

Liberty Safes - Accessories - Security and Care - Safelert Monitoring System

As long as your wifi is working it should notify you that someone is trying to get into the safe.
wifi is nice until they kill power to house and cut phone or cable. a battery back up is nice. look into redundant and several layers of security. Also be sure to bolt down any camera DVR as its the first thing they want. Get a DVR system and a bunch of web based cameras. A dog helps. Watchful neighbors. Think like a thief. Case ur own house and ponder how you'd get in and out with the goods. Don 't advertise long absences from home. If you must, post to FB or ?? vacation photos only after you get home. Random lights to go on and off at different times. Lots of options, but as noted, most will buy you time-- question is how much time can you afford?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
One of the guys who ripped me off was arrested yesterday with a stolen passport and stolen credit card . The two felony arrests last week he bailed out . Im thinking that being in possession of a stolen passport while out on bail will be enough to keep him in jail for a while . Am I wrong ? WTF is wrong with the system to just keep releasing these tweakers into the community regardless of the threat to the public ?

·
Registered
29,931 Posts
wifi is nice until they kill power to house and cut phone or cable. a battery back up is nice. look into redundant and several layers of security. Also be sure to bolt down any camera DVR as its the first thing they want. Get a DVR system and a bunch of web based cameras. A dog helps. Watchful neighbors. Think like a thief. Case ur own house and ponder how you'd get in and out with the goods. Don 't advertise long absences from home. If you must, post to FB or ?? vacation photos only after you get home. Random lights to go on and off at different times. Lots of options, but as noted, most will buy you time-- question is how much time can you afford?
a wifi hotspot with it's own internal battery and it's SSID hidden.

prepaid with a minimum of data.

cost ten bucks a month for an unseverable interwebs connection for your security system to send you an email/text.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
He can't be using a bail bondsman for this, after 3 felony arrests in 2 weeks no bondsman would touch him, he is a poor risk. That means he has a ton of cash stashed somewhere. Wouldn't it be nice to find out where?
He obviously is not worried about getting busted because it is very profitable. The profit needs to go away...or he needs to get caught in someone's home who fears for their life upon his break in and punches his ticket.
Sounds like your local judge is a lazy bastard, or on the take. Nobody could not consider this guy a threat to the small community after successive arrests. Or the local LEOs and the judge hope its handled at the lowest level.
If someone eventually does alter this guys level of consciousness, they will doing a great community service.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I like the idea of leaving some fake meth for them. Collect up some scrap metal and stash it in someones backyard and leave the "meth" nearby. They'll show up to steal the scrap and wont be able to resist the meth. Hopefully they will be off of the property by the time they smoke it and die.

Or fill up some cases to the top with titegroup and krazy glue the bullet in place. Put one in the chamber of each of your guns in the safe and leave the safety off when you are not home. Chances are if they are stolen, a trigger will get pulled either on purpose or by accident. You'll lose a gun, but the thief will lose body parts.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
G P , I like your thinking . However these dirtbags aren't stealing scrap , copper wire , chainsaws or other typical tweaker shit . They're cutting open safes specifically targeting guns and hunting gear . Word around the area is they're connected with some Asian guy who trades the guns for meth and heroin . The Asian was also arrested twice last week for various gun crimes , including possession of some of my stolen guns and other items . He was arrested a few years ago for some stolen guns and went to prison , guess he didn't learn .

Im to stupid to post a link but there's a write up about the thefts on our local community site, Mymotherlode.com, if anyone cares to check it out .

·
Change is good.
35,194 Posts
A buddy just did this to the house he rebuilt. Demo'd everything inside except the four exterior walls and a few studs to keep the second floor from crashing into the first. Anyway in the rebuild he made an AV closet with a stack of Crown amps, an Integra DTC pre-pro, routers, his video surveillance systems and it's all on a UPC. Even if the thieves steal the DVR, it is automatically backed up to a remote "cloud" location, so it would all be on record and the cameras are high quality IR type, it's pretty bitchin'. And there is a second hidden UPC that will keep the power on to th e cameras even if they rip all the shit out of the closet.

This is the same guy that has the HAM transponder in his 30yo POS Chevy truck. :laughing: He's an IT guy with certs that like only 300 or so people in the whole country have, so it's likely beyond the average tweeker or PBB member.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
One of the guys who ripped me off was arrested yesterday with a stolen passport and stolen credit card . The two felony arrests last week he bailed out . Im thinking that being in possession of a stolen passport while out on bail will be enough to keep him in jail for a while . Am I wrong ? WTF is wrong with the system to just keep releasing these tweakers into the community regardless of the threat to the public ?
The problem is the ridiculous number of lowlifes we have in this country. Courts and jails are overwhelmed. You would think with a million plus people already locked up there wouldn't be that many drugged out thieves left out there.

·
Registered
66,759 Posts
G P , I like your thinking . However these dirtbags aren't stealing scrap , copper wire , chainsaws or other typical tweaker shit . They're cutting open safes specifically targeting guns and hunting gear . Word around the area is they're connected with some Asian guy who trades the guns for meth and heroin . The Asian was also arrested twice last week for various gun crimes , including possession of some of my stolen guns and other items . He was arrested a few years ago for some stolen guns and went to prison , guess he didn't learn .

Im to stupid to post a link but there's a write up about the thefts on our local community site, Mymotherlode.com, if anyone cares to check it out .

Arrests Made Connecting To Stolen Weapons Cache | myMotherLode.com

Sonora, CA — Local officials say arrests have been made in connection with a rash of burglaries that included numerous weapons and ammo in the takes.

Over the past month the Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office states it has received reports of multiple incidents in the Groveland and Chinese Camp areas. Among the reported stolen items were more than 80 firearms, thousands of rounds of ammunition and other weapons as well as tools and electronics. Investigators say that the same methods were used in each of the incidents and that each time, the suspects were able to force entry into extremely secure locations and containers.

The Sheriff’s Office reports that on Monday, Sept. 7, it received information that multiple suspects in possession of stolen property were attempting to sell some of those items back to one of the victims and set up an operation to nab those involved. Subsequently, 31-year-old Michael Kenneth Owsley was arrested, and charged with conspiracy to commit fraud; possession of a controlled substance and violation of probation.

A day later, after receiving a similar tip, investigators initiated a second sting during which six firearms, multiple knives and other stolen items were recovered. Two arrests were made as a result of that operation: 34-year-old Clinton Robert Bauman, charged with conspiracy to commit fraud, illegal possessions of firearms and ammunition, possession of stolen property, and for an outstanding felony warrant; and 39-year-old Virak Rangsan, on conspiracy to commit fraud and illegal possession of firearms.

Wednesday, Sept. 10,
county investigators say that Rangsan was rearrested on additional burglary charges. Further investigation led detectives to a residence located in Riverbank. Following a search under an obtained warrant, investigators recovered a weapons cache consisting of 63 stolen firearms, thousands of rounds of ammunition, holsters, leather and nylon gear, multiple knives, bows and crossbows. Included in the stolen property were hand and power tools, TVs and other electronic equipment.
Rangsan, Virak is your 'asian'. Thai punk thug to be more specific. How in the FUCK does the system release the puke on the 8th of Sept only to re-arrest his ass on the 10th with all that stolen shit found - purportedly - in his home in Riverbank. Maybe they planned it all along to nab him with the goods? :homer:

·
Registered
23,371 Posts
Arrests Made Connecting To Stolen Weapons Cache | myMotherLode.com

Rangsan, Virak is your 'asian'. Thai punk thug to be more specific. How in the FUCK does the system release the puke on the 8th of Sept only to re-arrest his ass on the 10th with all that stolen shit found - purportedly - in his home in Riverbank. Maybe they planned it all along to nab him with the goods? :homer:
Sounds like someone's house might accidently catch on fire....or something like that. :D

81 - 100 of 105 Posts