Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Holley 600 with side hung floats.I put vent screens in it,Dropped the float levels,and connected the front and rear whatevers with a tube.It still doesn't perform like I want it too.I dropped the float levels so low today it kept on dying.than turned it up a half turn to make it run what else can I do?
:confused:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Get a carb that works off road. Quadrajet, or NEW Holley thinga ma jig. (I'm still holding my breath)

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
TRADE YA FOR A QUADRAJET.....

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have a 600 cfm edlebrock carb with 0ff road neadle and floats.....give me..150 for it and it is yours. It cost 260 new with out the neadles and floats.

Mike
214-578-4292

·
Registered
198 Posts
has anyone heard anything about the new holley offroad carb? Supposedly you can go up a 45* angle before its affected. I have been looking at them but am looking for some input before I shell out the $$.

~Kirk

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
the new holley's are way to big for a heep engine..........good idea but to big...........ltr

·
Registered
141 Posts
Got the Truck Avenger on my 401 and the Bro has one on his 454.......we both love the new carb.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
tkojeep said:
has anyone heard anything about the new holley offroad carb? Supposedly you can go up a 45* angle before its affected. I have been looking at them but am looking for some input before I shell out the $$.

~Kirk
45 degrees aint shit!!!!!!

keep the holley, add propane.

or ditch it for a MC2100, or EFi baby.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
I just bought a quadrajet from the someone on the board, he said it was just built by a pro. I decided to run a motorcraft instead so if anyone wants it.. I got the unpackaged adapter for it to for spread bore to square bore. You pay what I paid..

$100 - carb, $15 adapter

(long gone aka sold..)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts