Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The joke is on me. I bought an 85 toy, x-cab, efi, auto trans, with 129k miles unbelievably rust free and original for this part of the country on Saturday. it was about a 100 mile drive home and I popped the little mouse motor about 10 miles from home. What luck. Anyway , I have already located a 95 s-10 4.3L and auto trans. with 61k miles. it is still in the truck with all accessories and wiring intact. My first question is this. It is in a two wheel drive. Is it a useable trans? I know you will need an AA plate to attach the t- case. But is it that simple or a major project? Also the 4.3 is a 95. It is throttle body injection but says vortec on the valve covers. I thought vortecs were not available until 96. aside from that, Is it worth the trouble or should I just put another 22re in? thanks for any help. Mark

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't want to piss on your parade.....but I'am with Northpole rebuild the mouse(22re) if you want alittle more add a cam match the injectors put a header on it. Just my .02:D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend. Also, do a search. There have been so many 4.3 threads that almost anything you can run into while do the swap has beeen addressed. Check out Crash's thread on puttting a 4.3 in his Toyota. Should give you a general idea of what is involved

·
Registered
213 Posts
You will never regret putting the 4.3 init. I think you will need a different output shaft on the tranny. Yes it is a vortec. The heads have roller rockers and flow pretty decent.

If you have the time you will be extra happy with the 4.3.

Plenty of info around though.
Rick

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I couldn't agree more. I bought the 4.3, 700r4 this morning. It is still in a wrecked s-10 so if any body could tell me what all i need to take out of that truck I would greatly apprec. Also what all can I take out of My toy. (under the hood) thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.