Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i was watching the movie "the day after tommorrow" my first time watching and the wifes second. any how i'm like hey theres a cruiser. wifes like where. so i rewind it a bit and show her the red fj60. i know its sad but i'm affected with these sickness that must find all cruisers in ad, or movies or on the road for that matter.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
we feel your pain.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
See I have my girlfriend trying to call them out before me. I'm still up on her. And I was a little disapointed when I spotted a 45 SWB and she said "Thats a cruiser".

I think I paused the movie "Rundown" a few times to see the cruiser.

I feel your pain, now i'm going to go rent the "the day after tommrrow" thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
54,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know just due to the nature of american and foreign cruisers so i know 40, 45, 55, 60, 80, 100's i have yet to learn all the fine points. the best is my six year old who has learned(from whom i don't know) that cruisers where built to wheel and jeeps are for shopping :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
We were on the freeway, my wife was in labor & about to deliver our son and I missed the exit for the hospital checking out a nice FJ40 going the other way. :D

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
non US spec 60 series...........Connie noticed it a second before I did :D it was in the 1st few minutes of the movie.

I have watched countless horible movies only because there was a Cruiser in it. the worst was a AUssie flix on the Romace Chanell........watched the whole sappy POS movie bacuase of the 45 trayback and 40's........

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Interestingly enough I was watching that same movie last night and caught the cruiser as well. Was only half paying attention but caught the distinctive rear vent.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i dont know pimp i sat through a stupid river rafting comedy movie made in the 80's just to watch a green 55.

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
............i stand up i a smoke filled room and say, "i'm glenn, and i'm a Land Cruiser addict".............and in unison everyone in the room says, "hi glenn" :D

ya i got it bad too..........

the movie "Perfect Storm"...........find the cruiser! :D

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
rockthedog said:
............i stand up i a smoke filled room and say, "i'm glenn, and i'm a Land Cruiser addict".............and in unison everyone in the room says, "hi glenn" :D

Outside the bar....:rolleyes: .....to easy.

This is a CCOT thread for sure :laughing:

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
wngrog said:
Outside the bar....:rolleyes: .....to easy.

This is a CCOT thread for sure :laughing:
did you notice how you spot the headlights behind them and know fer sure "that's a 40 !" :D

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
headlights in the rear view mirror :D

80's movie with the 55, Up the Creek I beleive ;) pretty sure a National Lampoon movie. Trust me it was more meaty they the damn Aussie ramance flix.........I am ashamed ;)

rockthedog said:

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
When I brought the 55 home the girlfriend said "that is so cool, just like the cruiser in 50 first dates". Yeah I am teaching her well.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Every time my 8 year old daughter watches the movie Parent Trap (and it is often) she always calls me in the room to see the Land Cruiser scene which shows a great scene with a SO late model fj40 that has a great camping rack and even sounds like it has a 2F. They are leaving on a camping trip somewhere in the Napa, CA area, I have always thought that someone on the PBB would have more info.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts