Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Carnegie story for sunday

Went riding at Carnegie on Sunday, was doing the water tower hills and got 3/4 of the way up and realized I wasnt going to make it so I turned and started going across the hill and back down except on the way down I couldnt get to an established trail/track on the hill. I got going too fast, hitting any and all big bumps on the way down so the brakes were useless since the tires were always in the air, gaining A LOT of speed................ Eventually got tossed off the bike about 5 feet off the ground, as soon as I hit the ground the bike rolled over me, I was still in motion and rolled back over the bike as it was sliding down the hill and it hit a bump and slammed down on top of me and stayed on top of me untill I eventually came to a stop, pushed the bike off me, took my helmet off and by that time my buddy was already up next to me seeing if I was ok. I am fine except Im sore as all hell, I somehow got a small cut on my chin, my knee hurts, the back of my thigh and my neck are sore but all in all Im fine and dandy.
Moral of the story : Wear your riding gear at all times:eek: My chest protector saved me, otherwise I know the pipe would have burned me and more than likely gotten a footpeg or rear brake lever in my back

Im just glad I didnt end up like the dude that had to be airlifted out cuz he took a handlebar end to the gut and had internal injuries. Kinda cool to watch a helicopter land within 100ft of you but I would have rather seen it under better circumstances.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yea, that hill can kind of suck if you dont make it up. It took me a coupla times to finally get up that one. One time, I jumped off the bike b/c it hit a big bump and i let it kinda get away from me (power wheelies uphill are bad). It preceeded to chase me down the hill....:p

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bike has a tether kill switch so hopefully I wont have that problem. I almost looped it earlier in the day and because it just rained a little while ago, the tire spins through all the loose stuff and when it hits the hard pack it throws the front wheel up.

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
hahahaa :D

Not sure if that's the hill I'm thinking of? It's probably the longest steepest climb at carnegie? it has a couple different lines going up it and they crisscross etc. it's sandy too?

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phil, its at the far right hand side of the park, if you go past the ranger depot(where they keep all the vehicles) and go up the trail right past it, and you see a bunch of hills and at the bottom is a big water tank, thats where it was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts