Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, dumbass question.......

I just want to find some lift springs for my 79/80 Scout II. (Previous owner says it's an '80, but the door stickers both say '79.)

Anyway, i just want some 3-4" lift springs and i'll make some shackles myself so i can fit 35's.

Any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Yep it is, but due to your exalted status of not being a newbie...and the fact I don't know you...I'll only say... :flipoff2:

If the door sticker say's '79, that's the mfg. date...for '80. Unless it's real early in '79.

2 and 4" are available...um...binder bulletin?

I won't even mention the 'S' word... :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,778 Posts
The Adam Blaster said:
Ok, dumbass question.......

I just want to find some lift springs for my 79/80 Scout II. (Previous owner says it's an '80, but the door stickers both say '79.)

Anyway, i just want some 3-4" lift springs and i'll make some shackles myself so i can fit 35's.

Any suggestions?








Why? Just wondering.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
What about spring-over?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,101 Posts
The Adam Blaster said:
Ok, dumbass question.......

I just want to find some lift springs for my 79/80 Scout II. (Previous owner says it's an '80, but the door stickers both say '79.)

Anyway, i just want some 3-4" lift springs and i'll make some shackles myself so i can fit 35's.

Any suggestions?
Those are going to be some longass shackles if you're going to "fit" 35s!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,023 Posts
I know somebody has the pic

Hmmm pic was about 14" shackles on soomebody's newly begotten rig.

Believe the quote as

"Holy shackle lift Batman!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
IIRC, fender wells on the SII are 33" wide. Fitting 35's will require the use of a sawzall... or 4" springs, 2" body lift AND longer shackles. Save yourself time and heart-ache. Before you go and spend money on lift springs do a LOT of research on mods. I got 4" springs and now I'm ticked 'cause I didn't search enough...should've gone full width/SOA. My bad!

10/79 sounds like an '80 to me. What's the p-slip say? That'd be the surest way to tell.

Actually I shouldn't be responding here at all since all I got are 33's and 3.73's... :flipoff2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,282 Posts
ihojeff said:
Managed to add a few posts to your post count with that one, huh? :flipoff2:

Adam, the two best options for straight 4" springs are the skyjacker softrides, and triangle springs.

Skyjacker tends to sag a little in the ass, but looks fine if you also add slightly longer shackles in the rear.

A lot of people swear by the triangles, and they are of very good quality, and front and rear seem to match a little better out of the box, but they also are very harsh riding and don't flex nearly as well as the skyjackers.

Head over to the Binder Bulletin and do a search over there. The pros and cons of each system have been beaten to death about a million times, so you should be able to get any question you have answered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,282 Posts
The Adam Blaster said:
(Previous owner says it's an '80, but the door stickers both say '79.)
Does it have square headlights or round headlights?

if they are round, its a '79 model year.

if they are square, it's an '80 model year.
 

·
IH/Rover Moderator
Joined
·
20,917 Posts
AgaveHound said:
IIRC, fender wells on the SII are 33" wide. Fitting 35's will require the use of a sawzall... or 4" springs, 2" body lift AND longer shackles. Save yourself time and heart-ache. Before you go and spend money on lift springs do a LOT of research on mods. I got 4" springs and now I'm ticked 'cause I didn't search enough...should've gone full width/SOA. My bad!

10/79 sounds like an '80 to me. What's the p-slip say? That'd be the surest way to tell.

Actually I shouldn't be responding here at all since all I got are 33's and 3.73's... :flipoff2:
:rolleyes:

Uncut. SUA frt 4" triangle, SOA rear, 1.5" B.L. running 35" BFGs
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,930 Posts
35's and lift springs

Old Scout said:


:rolleyes:

Uncut. SUA frt 4" triangle, SOA rear, 1.5" B.L. running 35" BFGs
Yep works well, at the mall, on mild trails, or with mild to easy lines.

But, this is an extreme 4x4 site. Putting 35's under a truck that is sua, with 4" lift springs and 1.5 body lift, you will rub the tires when you take more challenging lines and trails.

Course, we have been round this one a few times...

I won't bother rolling my eyes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,101 Posts
Old Scout said:


:rolleyes:

Uncut. SUA frt 4" triangle, SOA rear, 1.5" B.L. running 35" BFGs
What's the status of the bump stops?

And if they're not rubbing, you're not "GETTIN' IT" enough.

I guess this RTI ramp is more extreme than the Rubicon..



Since those 31s *just* fit with an SOA and shedding a couple thousand pounds.
 

·
IH/Rover Moderator
Joined
·
20,917 Posts
Re: 35's and lift springs

Hooper said:


Yep works well, at the mall, on mild trails, or with mild to easy lines.

But, this is an extreme 4x4 site. Putting 35's under a truck that is sua, with 4" lift springs and 1.5 body lift, you will rub the tires when you take more challenging lines and trails.

Course, we have been round this one a few times...

I won't bother rolling my eyes.
yea you never learn. The pic is from the rubicon! It went from loon to tahoe. So STFU
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,101 Posts
Re: Re: 35's and lift springs

Old Scout said:


yea you never learn. The pic is from the rubicon! It went from loon to tahoe. So STFU
Was that right after the Jamboree? :D :flipoff2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Re: Re: I just want some lift springs...

Sully said:


Does it have square headlights or round headlights?

if they are round, its a '79 model year.

if they are square, it's an '80 model year.
Doh! I didn't even think of that... :rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,778 Posts
See this is the evilness of NEWB's and or NEWB questions...


EVERYBODY is in a furver over the same BinderBulletin Bullshit, and the damn :rainbow:warrior that asked the question has not even replied.

Everybody get back to work and jumpstart the economy...we just got told that we were not going to get X-Mas bonuses.
 
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Top