Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know who makes/where to get an adapter that will go from either a Ford or Chevy wiper arm to the type that has a hook on the end. I know they exist at least for Chevy, I've seen them, I even have one, but it's broken. Not for the life of me can I find one or even who makes them.

I need it to look something like the attached picture. I don't care what size hook it goes to cause I can adapt from there.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
biggnome said:
Ok so if I understand this correctly, you're looking for a wiper arm that has the hook like the one in the pic? If so, any mid 90's to current GM vehicle has them. HTH
Sorta. My original question was for an adapter that would go from older GM or Ford to the hook. However, you've now given me knew hope. I actually need it for a '92 F-150, but I found out that a similar vintage GM arm will fit on the truck. With what you're saying I'm now hoping that maybe a newer year GM arm might fit on the truck and I'll be done.

Full explanation: Got tired of replacing wiper blades every 6 friggin months. Got some new PIAA Silicon blades. I've had them on my Toy for better than a year so I know they're the chit. But when I got them for the Ford......wrong sort of connector. The blades come with a handful of adapters to fit just about every size shape of the hook type connector. Problem is Ford wants to be different so they have just a pin at the end of the arm. So I made a jaunt to pick-n-pull and found that a similar year GM arm will also fit on the truck, but has a different type end to it. Similar year GM just has a flat straight end on the arm with a small detent to snap into the wiper. While searching through the yard I stumbled across a Chevy that actually had an adapter on the end of the wiper arm that adapts it to the hook style.

Man, who woulda thought something so trivial as a wiper blade could become such a PITA.

Thanks for the info. I have newfound hope.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.