Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
according to mapquest, it will take me 4 hours 25 min to go from here to whistling jacks. I cant leave untill noon so that puts me at Bigs junction around 2. I'm guessing everybody coming from oregon will be long through there by then.

Anybody have tentative travel plans yet?
Shit, Mike will be on his second bottle of crown by then:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
according to mapquest, it will take me 4 hours 25 min to go from here to whistling jacks. I cant leave untill noon so that puts me at Bigs junction around 2. I'm guessing everybody coming from oregon will be long through there by then.

You talking Friday or Saturday???

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
NO fires. Campfire ban is on.:(
I I remember you saying that.

Do you recall if LPG "Camp fires" is OK. I know we talked/looked at it a couple years ago.

You know those propane fire pits that looks like a camp fire, but aren't.

I don't know. You hardcore Pirate guys kinda scare us. :flipoff2:
Only the newb's beware.... but you know the way you Oregon guys stock so close to they one Oregon gal...... makes me wonder if you guys need to get out more :D

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
I I remember you saying that.

Do you recall if LPG "Camp fires" is OK. I know we talked/looked at it a couple years ago.

You know those propane fire pits that looks like a camp fire, but aren't.
I was up there with a group camping on August 13th, 14th, 15th and nothing is legal other than campstoves.

NO on the following:
Open fires
Pit fires
LPG fires
Briquet BBQ grills
Anything with a flame over 2"

Only thing allowed right now is lanterns and campstoves.

It isn't "that" dry up there...but prudence is easier than putting out a campfire, so I don't blame them.

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
I was up there with a group camping on August 13th, 14th, 15th and nothing is legal other than campstoves.

NO on the following:
Open fires
Pit fires
LPG fires
Briquet BBQ grills
Anything with a flame over 2"

Only thing allowed right now is lanterns and campstoves.

It isn't "that" dry up there...but prudence is easier than putting out a campfire, so I don't blame them.
Cool.

Lantern's it is. Unless they get a dumping of rain this coming weekend, then another weekend for the trails to dry out then we have perfect weather. Nice and dry-ish trails, everything wet'd down for campfires, and clear "warm" weather......

And a bunch of broken Binders :D

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
I am in no matter what, with Scout or not.

Rear drive line is now +2" too long and kept me from wheeling a couple of weekends ago after a mondo wrench fest with my two boys :(.

Will take care of that this week even if I have to cut and weld the bitch. Otherwise it should be a good shakedown run!

I also will have at least one free seat...maybe 3 if the EX doesn't let me get my boys (assuming the rig is on the trailer of course). So Rick or Helmer I might have a seat if you need one.

Also coming might be a couple of TJ buddies I know.

Can't wait to see everybody and meet the people I don't know personally.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Only the newb's beware.... but you know the way you Oregon guys stick so close to the one Oregon gal...... makes me wonder if you guys need to get out more :D
What do you mean? We stick close to her because she is the one mixing the drinks and she is way more gentle on the eyes than you! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
376 Posts

Shit, we will already be on Funny Rocks by noon. :shaking:

181 - 200 of 345 Posts