Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title says it all
I lost my Petronix Ignighter directions , looked at thier site and couldnt find a PDF or anything and being its 10pm on a sat. i dont think anyone will be at thier help department :flipoff2:

2 wires
1 red
1 black

where do they go?

·
Registered
15,321 Posts
umm... cut the red one?

no wait the blue one...

no the red one... :flipoff2:

ummm WTH is a petronics ignighter?

*edit* after a bit of research I'd say the black goes to a ground or the - battery terminal and the red goes to a switched constant voltage/amperage/watt/anything other electrical measurement fused positive lead.

so you could probably put like a 20amp fuse (if it blows pretty quick put in a bigger fuse till you get the right size) and a switch on it (the red wire) and run it right to the battery. Just remember to turn off the switch when you turn off the engine.

I'm so confident in that statement that I'm willing to put all the money I have in my pocket on it. a whopping 10 cents. thats right a whole dime. :flipoff2:

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok for those wondering what the hell a Petronix is, its a magnetic pickup to replace points. works great if you can keep the directions :D

DEnd: gets a "B" for effort :flipoff2: i am asuming that the red wire goes to a switched power and the black goes to the neg. teminal on the coil. but with my luck i am wrong and will have a small fire

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Red 12v ign (+ side of coil)
Black Trigger (- side of coil)

·
Registered
15,321 Posts
heh I was thinking it was like an MSD type ignition. but yeah your right. black to the battery would also work. *EDIT* or not.

jdjanda looks like he's got it. heh at least I tried. :flipoff2: ummm... where do I send this dime?

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jdjanda said:
Red 12v ign (+ side of coil)
Black Trigger (- side of coil)
thank you :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts