Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
these are from the picture alabama toy posted earlier when i asked about putting a york on a 22re. these will make a york fit on a 22r air conditioner bracket.

anyone want to post these for me and they can be added to the facts. i have included all the dimensions in the drawings.

i can email the files. they are pretty small so they should fit on here nicely.

thanks

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just got back from class i'll send the drawings shortly. i have to make a few quick changes and i will email them!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Mud~:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just as long as some manufaturer doesn't "steal" the plan and make loads off money of it.

i guess we'll see.

although its not like i don't try to copy some of the things they make.:D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Awwww man!.....

I was hoping those dims would be in millimeters...:rolleyes:

j/k

Thanx for the diagram...I might need it this summer...

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would just add that it may actually be beneficial to skip the measuring when you go to put the two plates together and line the York and it's plate up to the other plate as it is bolted to the block eyeball/straight edge style. The reason is because different Yorks have different pulley configurations as well as the fact that you can raise the position of the York in relation to your engine config. I've done three of these now. We (rick and I) looked at doing a standard measure, but the eyeball method is quick and nets good custom results. Just a thought. You want to get the York as high as possible to aid in belt tension application.

·
Banned
9,402 Posts
I'm kinda really surprised that someone is not already manufatcuring york brackets for the 22R/RE but the only problem I see would be needing a factory AC bracket and pulley and someone would have to make sure "the kit" would fit all years of Yota's.....Well atleast the different motors configurations of a certain year range.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i would suggest tack welding the plates together and checking that the belt is lined up before you glue it all together permanetly!

just speaking from expirience. because measureing to a thirty second of an inch is almost nuts. if not impossible. i'm going to the junkyard to pick up the air conditioning bracket today.

i'm pretty excited! i got the compressor for free. the only thing that sucks is i have to move my chevy alternator to the stock side. which means unhooking the lower radiator hose. and i am going to switch the air box to the passenger side and the battery to the drivers side. i've got to many projects going on right now.

and the napa guy is going to love me trying out different belts to find the correct size to fit all my junk.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
did you read my first post or not?

i said i got the design from alababmtoy. all i did was draw it up in autocad with all the dimensions. then you won't have to guess.

·
Registered
13,838 Posts
miniyota said:
did you read my first post or not?

i said i got the design from alababmtoy. all i did was draw it up in autocad with all the dimensions. then you won't have to guess.
Yup.. I just noticed your post in there. I was just making sure my memory was working. :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts