Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 20r 4 speed transmission in my 1980 toyota truck and its gone! If anyone knows if I can drop a 5 speed in without mods! PLease tell me how! Also I still need a transmission! So if you either have a 4 speed 4wheel drive 20r transmission let me know, or if you have any ideas on the 5 speed let me know! I need lots of help!

thanks alot,

Nick Copeland

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I wish you lived closer.I just gave the junk yard a 4spd as a core,it was a good trans and I know they still have it because they just put all the cores in a big pile. I also have a good 5spd,out of an 83, I'd sell ya for $125(w/o transfer case). If you know a cheap way to ship let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guide rods in mine are worn! Rob I will go to the auto wreckers this weekend and try to find a transmission! I also need to know If I have to drop in a new clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, or bell housing, etc.

Also I will need some help finding the stuff I need! I can put the crap in allright, but I just need some help along the way! If you guys know of a place to get the crap cheap from let me know!

thanks,
Nick Copeland

1 - 5 of 5 Posts