Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been loking everywhere, and can't find an intake manifold for my Scout. I have a 343, and really want to upgrade with no luck. Can anyone point me to a dealer or somebody with one, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is definately an International engine, and all the #s say it is a 343 according to the parts stores, so, I dunno..... I just need the intake

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
a 345 perhaps :confused: .....ive never heard of a 343 scout motor... whats it in? Oh and its a scout motor keep that in mind a four barrel does nothing but suck more gas LOL :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
SJ410Bark said:
it is definately an International engine, and all the #s say it is a 343 according to the parts stores, so, I dunno..... I just need the intake
What #'s?

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
spread or square bore? My buddy just sold 10 of them to Anything Scout so I know they have them. I think he has a few left over, just need to know what style.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I've got a spreadbore intake for a 345/392, but shipping from the midwest would kill ya. Better go with one of the kali boys.....

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
why do the squarebores seem so much more common than the spread bores? I've been looking for a spreadbore for about two months now, and all I even come across are the squarebores?

Before I actually started looking for one, I always heard that it was the other way around. :confused:

Or is it just Murphy's Law kicking me in the nuts?

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Sully said:
why do the squarebores seem so much more common than the spread bores? I've been looking for a spreadbore for about two months now, and all I even come across are the squarebores?

Before I actually started looking for one, I always heard that it was the other way around. :confused:

Or is it just Murphy's Law kicking me in the nuts?
Spreads were only made for a few years. 79-80 SII and 74-75 Pick-ups and T-alls.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just stay with your 2 barrel intake and put injection on it. You will be glad that you did. If that seems to expensive(its not really!) then get a 2 barrel motorcraft carb. this is the BEST way to go (if there is one) with keeping a carb on your engine.
Other then that Yank the engine and put an injected engine in there and go have fun......my .02

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Rock Star said:
Just stay with your 2 barrel intake and put injection on it. You will be glad that you did. If that seems to expensive(its not really!) then get a 2 barrel motorcraft carb. this is the BEST way to go (if there is one) with keeping a carb on your engine.
Other then that Yank the engine and put an injected engine in there and go have fun......my .02
I disagree. The small primaries of a spredbore out perform any two barrel! :shaking:

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Old Scout said:
I disagree. The small primaries of a spredbore out perform any two barrel! :shaking:
Performance and economy wise I think your correct.

However for wheeling, I beleive RS was refering to the 2bbl being better on the trails than most 4-bbls.

But I wouldn't know, I'm efi :flipoff2:

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
RustoleumWhite said:
Performance and economy wise I think your correct.

However for wheeling, I beleive RS was refering to the 2bbl being better on the trails than most 4-bbls.

But I wouldn't know, I'm efi :flipoff2:
No better off road carb then a Q-jet! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
turns out the 343 is an AMC engine (according to Summit) and a performer intake is avail. thru them, so... thanks anyway all

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
SJ410Bark said:
turns out the 343 is an AMC engine (according to Summit) and a performer intake is avail. thru them, so... thanks anyway all
:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thats a first. A 343 uh? ok good luck with that one.....Old scout is right in the fact that the 4barrel will give more performance but the 2barrel is a better way to go with the fuel injection and if he already has it run it with a motorcraft carb and go have fun.
My opionion is to yank out the 343 and go with some the the parts guy has heard of like an IH 543 or even the smaller 293, hah ah couldnt resist.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.