Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 86 F250 with a running 460 but i have a spare 460 block that i bought to build and drop into my truck when it's done. the block is a D9TE. I was just wondering what you guys reccomend for a build plan to get about 500hp/700tq ? I am in no hurry to do this so i can spread money out but i still don't want to spend alot of money if i don't have to. i want to fuel inject it also. thanks, austynn.

·
Registered
639 Posts
500 hp? Fuel injected? Best bet, sell the D9TE block, keep the EFI 86 rebuild it and add a supercharger with intercooler and up the boost numbers. Port and polish the heads, burn a custom chip, and you'll be close.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
The only way your going to get significantly more torque then HP when making that much power will be to build the motor for low-mid range airflow and put a big ass blower on it.

Honestly I think that torque number is more then a bit optimistic unless you plan on running race gas all the time.

·
Registered
12,757 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. the torque number was a rough, uneducated number i threw out there. the motor that's in it now is carbed. thanks for the links and i guess i have a lot of reading to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts